79

Jasper awoke later that night to someone combing fingers through his hair. He opened his eyes and blinked up at Narcolepse.
"I have a way to decipher the code."
"Oh, yeah?"
Jasper stretched and sat up.
"How so?"
"Skins has a computer. A laptop. She keeps it in her room. I lifted it while she was getting ready for bed."
"You stole-!"
"Shh. We needed to decipher the code, didn't we?"
Jasper sighed and nodded. He didn't like this, but they needed to know what Roderick was telling them. He reached over the bed and grabbed his jeans from the floor, pulling the drawing from his pocket. Narcolepse opened the laptop and chuckled.
"Of course. I need a password."
"I don't know how your ability works, but do you think there's a way to... Find out?"
"Oh my god, Snowflake. You can be useful sometimes."
"What?"
Narcolepse closed his eyes.
"I need you to be still and quiet."
Jasper followed the instructions, staying still and quiet, watching Narcolepse. His face was relaxed and he sat straight, eyes moving behind his eyelids. And then his hands started typing on the keyboard. He shook his head while he worked out the password and hit the enter key. He opened his eyes to an unlocked screen.
"She used our initials... Dumb."
"Initials?"
"R, N, F, B, S. In order of our arrival."
He clicked on the Internet browser and searched up Morse Code Decipher. He looked over the images that came up and clicked on one, then took the drawing.
"Snow, get your notebook."
Jasper picked up his notebook and a pencil to begin writing.
"T. H. E. Space, E. N. E."
Jasper wrote down the letters as they came and it took a few slow minutes to get the whole thing down. When it was finished, Jasper read it aloud.
"The enemy is watching. Will be here soon?"
Jasper looked at Narcolepse who slowly closed the laptop.
"We should look for another drawing. Maybe there are more messages."
Narcolepse set the laptop on the nightstand and the two got up. Narcolepse smirked when he saw Jasper was in only a t-shirt and boxers with a pair of socks.
"Put some pants on, dude."
"I planned on it."
Jasper pulled his jeans on and the two headed downstairs. Narcolepse pointed to the living room and said in a whisper,
"You look in there. I'll check the kitchen."
The two went their separate ways. Jasper reached the living room and looked in the corner where Roderick always sat and colored. He picked up a few drawings when the hairs on the back of his neck stood on end. He could feel eyes. And then a flashlight beam shone in through the living room window.