44

Jasper... Find me in the woods.
"I'm looking for you."
Jasper...

Jasper felt cold and damp and his feet were the worst. When he opened his eyes, he was standing at the edge of the forest with a fog settled in the air and around his knees.
"What the...?!"
"Hey! Are you alright?! What're you doing there in your pajamas?!"
Jasper looked toward the voice and found Skins at the Jeep in the driveway. Shivering, he went toward her.
"I don't know."
She wrapped a jacket around his bare shoulders.
"Do you usually sleep walk?"
"No... This is a first."
Skins frowned.
"Let's get you inside..."
They went in and Skins poured him some coffee with creamer and set it in front of him.
"I have to go into town for groceries. You talk to the boys, ok? Don't hold onto this alone."
Jasper nodded and cupped the mug in both hands to warm them.
"Tonight's movie night. You should all relax. You guys need it."
Jasper nodded again and Skins gave him one last sad look before she headed out. Jasper drank the coffee before he went upstairs to shower and dress. Something was coming. He could feel it. Something bad. And the reoccurring dreams... He shuddered and wrapped his arms around himself. Who could he confide in? Books? He went down to breakfast and ate silently by himself. It was barely six in the morning. He was rinsing his dishes when he heard a creak and looked up to see Narcolepse standing there, watching him.
"Damn, you look like hell."
"Tch. Thanks..."
Jasper stuck his dishes in the dishwasher. Narcolepse didn't look any better than Jasper. He had dark circles under his eyes and his hair looked tangled. Narcolepse shifted on his feet, then said slowly, hesitantly,
"Do you... Wanna maybe... Talk?"
Jasper looked at him in surprise.
"Never mind, it was a stupid thought."
Narcolepse turned to leave but Jasper was quick to grab his wrist.
"Wait. I want to talk."
Narcolepse let out a breath and went to the table. They sat down and Jasper rubbed one of his eyes tiredly.
"I've been having these odd dreams..."

When Jasper finished his story, Narcolepse didn't look sad like Skins had. He looked bored.
"It's not new to me, sorry. I dealt with that kind of shit all the time growing up and sometimes even now."
"Oh..."
Narcolepse shrugged.
"But it is odd that it's happening to you. That's not your mutation."
"Am I going crazy?"
"Probably. How could you not in this place?"
Jasper smirked. Narcolepse stared at him silently for a moment, then cleared his throat and stood. Jasper looked up at him.
"Do you wanna talk?"
Narcolepse gave him a weak smile.
"No. Not about things you'd want to hear."
"Try me."
"No."
Narcolepse started to leave and Jasper grabbed him by the elbow crease.
"Narcolepse."
"Don't touch me, frosty. I'm going. Let me go."
Jasper frowned and dropped his hand. The brunet left. What kind of demons was he fighting in his head?