Bonus Chapter 4

Apparently Narcolepse had no idea what the morning would have in store for him, either. He was awoken bright and early by the old woman of the house. She lectured him until his ears bled(not literally, of course). Stuff about being responsible and careful and safe. She said all of that but failed to mention how irresponsible, uncareful, and unsafe she had been just that same night. He found her crying on the floor in the kitchen with a hand on the neck of a bottle, half empty. She slurred out the words 'I'm pathetic' and Narcolepse hadn't disagreed.
"Are you done?"
"No! Wait... Yes. No. No! That kid is your responsibility for the rest of today! Now go wake him up."
"Old hag..."
Narcolepse muttered after she left. He still wore the same clothes from last night. He hadn't bothered with changing due to all the other things on his mind when he tried to sleep. He climbed out of bed and made his way to the kid's room. He wasted no time going to the window and drawing the curtains, then opening the blinds. If he had to be up, then so did the kid. He'd have to suffer in this as well. Eyes. He felt them again. When he turned, he glared at the kid. Damn thing interrupting his... Sleep. Whoa. Was this the same kid from last night? He turned his glare even harsher.
"Get up. And don't make it a habit of sleeping in."
He quickly left the room and put a hand over his mouth, a faint blush creeping onto his cheeks. Fuck. He was... Maybe a little more than attractive. Narcolepse shook his head. Never mind that. Nothing would come of it. Nothing ever did. Nothing... good anyway... He let out a breath and composed himself, then began heading to his room again. He'd just turned the corner to the stairs when he heard the horrified scream and running footsteps and a slamming door. He groaned and turned back around. He saw Freak standing in the middle of the hallway and knew exactly what had happened. The boy's eyes were wide and his breathing came out in quick short pants. Narcolepse went over and knelt in front of him, taking his hand.
"Freak, it's alright. Calm down... We'll go talk to him, ok? He's new. He doesn't know shit about us."
After a few seconds, the child's breathing got under control again and Narcolepse led him to the idiot's room. Narcolepse pounded on the door with a fist, hearing the kid inside screech again.
"Ki- God, stop screaming. Just open the door and keep your damn mouth shut. I swear, you're the most annoying person to exist on this planet."
When the door opened, there was nothing but anger in Narcolepse's eyes.
"I don't usually give a shit about things like this, but apparently you're my problem since I brought you here."
Narcolepse waited for the kid's eyes to meet his before he continued.
"This kid is a mutant like you and you don't get to treat him like an ugly beast, asshole. His name is Freak and he's barely ten years old and already dealt with enough trauma in his life. Don't add to the mix with your stupid prejudice and fear of what you don't understand."
He put all the venom in him into the words while still remaining calm. He watched with satisfaction as the kid took a step away from him. It was short lived as the kid started sharing his own piece.
"Wow. Ok, well, listen... Guy. I've never experienced anything like... Freak? Before this. This entire world is new to me. I didn't even know mutants existed until like three days ago. So give me a break if I was a little shocked about his... uh..."
Narcolepse rolled his eyes.
"Mutation?"
He suggested boredly.
"Mutation."
The kid echoed. Narcolepse shook his head. They would never get along.
"Get your things and go clean up, then head downstairs. God, and don't scream at anyone else."
He started to leave when something struck him. He didn't want to be called 'guy' even by this loser. He backed up a step or two and said,
"Oh. And my name is Narcolepse. Not Guy."
He led Freak down to breakfast.