51

Jasper went to bed later that night and pulled a book from the drawer next to his bed. The ins and outs of Being Weird. He started turning through the pages, smiling to himself. He wasn't sure who the author was, but they had a beautiful style of writing and he liked their words.

Of course, being different has its ups and it has its downs. Its ins and its outs. You mustn't look at how the world views you, though. Your own opinion is far more important. It is far more powerful. You must come to terms with who and what you are above anything else. Learn to love and accept that this is the new you. And understand that to the world, you're a creep. You're a weirdo. You can either accept or reject their ideas of you, or just embrace the title. Embrace the fact that you are indeed, a weirdo. There is nothing normal about you. You are special. You are different. You are weird and unique and you are beautiful. Embrace your strengths and powers. Be yourself and fuck everyone else's opinions.

Jasper laughed a little. That was one of his favorite pages in the entire journal. They had such an odd way of writing, the author. Like a mix of modern day and ancient times. It was so interesting and he loved it. He wished he could've met this person. They seemed like a fun conversationalist. He read a few more pages, then set the book carefully back into his drawer and tried to sleep after turning out the light.

His sleep was interrupted by cold and dampness and something sharp poking into his feet. When he opened his eyes, he was in the forest. He panted fearfully and looked around in a panic. Where was the house? His eyes only saw black and shadows of trees and branches. Where was the light of the moon and stars?
"Oh my god!"
He started running, unsure of where to go or how to get out. He just needed to move. His feet stung from all the twigs and rocks he stepped on, but it didn't matter. He needed to find a way out. He needed the shelter and comfort of the home. He couldn't be out here. What if there were monsters? After several minutes, his running came to a halt so he could grab his knees and pant heavily, trying to regain his lost oxygen. He eventually curled up against a tree, shivering and shaking, listening to all the horrifying night sounds around him until the sun began to rise and he could see his way through the trees. Then, he stood and tried to find the house again. Which, he eventually did after several minutes of searching. He was only in a pair of pajama pants which meant he was shivering and turning blue by the time he came inside with muddy and bloodied feet.
"Skins?"
He called as he came through the door and stood on the welcome mat. The woman came running some time after.