5

Jasper was kicked out of the church the next morning so they could hold their church sessions. It was Sunday and he had to think about what he was going to do tomorrow for school. He had the clothes he needed, but he didn't have a shower or any of that normal stuff. Plus... He was like the guy version of Elsa or like Jack Frost from Rise of the Guardians. Jack Frost sounded more accurate. He liked that better. Though, Jack Frost knew what powers he had and how to use them. Elsa was just beginning to learn. Why was he standing around comparing himself to Jack Frost and Elsa? He really should've been going to get something to eat. He was starved. He hadn't had lunch, dinner, and now he was going on not having breakfast. He knew there were two McDonald's in the actual town of Florence. Plus a Burger King by the school and a Subway a little ways down. There were two Circle K's because one lost their liquor license and a new one was built to take its place. There were rumors that both would be torn down and one rebuilt. Some said there would just be a third one built. Whatever it was, he didn't really care. What he did care about was getting food in his belly. There were new issues every day. It was ridiculous and stressful. How did anyone live on the streets? On his way to one of the Circle K's, he suddenly felt his hands grow cold and the hairs on his arms stood on their ends. He cursed under his breath and ran to the Circle K, then ran to the back, entering the bathroom. He checked the stalls, then locked the bathroom door so no one could get in and see whatever was about to happen. What exactly was gonna happen? Anything? Something? Was it gonna be good or bad? Would it be dangerous? He panted hard and stared down at his hands, pressing his back against the door. What was happening to him? He felt cold all over. His breaths came out in little white wisps that had his walnut brown eyes going wide. His heart pounded in his chest, sounding like loud drum beats in his ears. His panting grew worse, like he couldn't catch his breath. He watched the mirror above the sink start to fog over, frost appearing on the corners. Was that because of him?! The mirror crackled and crinkled, threatening to break.
"Stop, stop, stop, stop, stop, stop!"
He whisper yelled, squeezing his eyes shut. How did this happen? What triggered this? How did he control it? How did he make it stop? Was that possible? The mirror was gonna shatter. Just like the soda bottle. It was getting too cold. He was getting too cold. Would he die from the cold?! And if he didn't, how would he get out of the Circle K before someone realized what he'd done to the bathroom? Oh, God... What would happen to him? He had to hold in these icy powers. He had to hold them back. He couldn't be found out. He'd be taken off the street and experimented on if someone found out. For sure. This was some freak ability that was out of control. It could be dangerous. People would want to study him. What would he do, oh God, what would he do?!
Then, just like that, everything went quiet. The crinkling and crackling stopped. His fast beating heart had calmed. His breathing couldn't even be heard anymore. The cold had left his body and he was his normal temperature. Was it over? He opened an eye. To his complete and utter shock, the bathroom was completely free of ice. It looked exactly the way it had when he entered it. Was he dreaming? Was this all in his head? What happened? He didn't want to stay and find out. He quickly left the bathroom.