74/Author's Note

Jasper finished washing his dishes and went into the lounge by the library to take a look at the paper he'd stolen from Roderick's room. It was a series of dots and dashes and Jasper was thoroughly confused by it. Was it just doodles or was it something more? More... Morse code. Jasper gasped. This meant that Roderick was conscious. He wasn't completely insane. And he was desperately trying to tell them something. Jasper turned around and found Books in the hallway, just coming up to him.
"Hey. We're about to do some more exercises in the training room... What?"
"Roderick wrote us a message."
"He... huh?"
Jasper handed over the paper.
"Is this his?"
Books asked, looking it over.
"Yeah. I found it on his desk before he..."
"Oh. I'm gathering everyone in the dining room before we start, so let's all decipher it together."
"Cool cool."
The two went to the dining room and Books laid the paper out with a notepad next to it. He looked at the other two boys in the room and said,
"Roderick may have written us a note. I'll take down the letters and see what we have."
"What do you mean?"
Narcolepse asked.
"He left a message in Morse code."
Jasper explained.
"Shh."
Books said, writing down letters in the notepad. Everyone fell quiet, Freak coming to state over Books' shoulder at the letters. After awhile Books shook his head and straightened up from the table.
"It's gibberish."
"Fuck."
Narcolepse said under his breath. Jasper frowned. There had to be some sort of sense to it, right?
"Are the words scrambled? Maybe he scrambled the letters."
"I don't think so, Snow. Z X V D don't really spell anything out. And that's just one line of it. The rest is pretty much the same."
"Are you sure you got the letters right?"
"Are you kidding me, Snow? Who do you think I am? I know this stuff. Trust me, it's nothing. Let's just get to the-"
Books waved his hand to gesture at the training room and spilled a cup of orange juice all over the papers.
"Oh, shit."
Jasper went to get paper towels, only to find there were none.
"Dammit."
"Well, at least we know it was nothing."
Books threw away the paper and grabbed a towel. This didn't feel right to Jasper. He shook his head. There was nothing he could do now. The group went to the training room.

Author's Note

Hello, my lovely readers! I just wanted to tell you that this story is soon to come to a close! I'm so excited because this will be the first story to ever come to a complete finish written entirely by myself. Don't worry, though. I will eventually work on a sequel. It will probably be written the same way this one was, with slow updates and stuff... But thank you all for reading and I also put an extra picture on the Face Claims chapter of Freak in his blue form. So, go check that out. It's not perfect, but it gives you an idea.