Bonus Chapter 3

Narcolepse unlocked the front door and made a fake gesture of kindness that in his head said "oh, ladies and annoying girls first". But, it was read as a "welcome to your new home, won't you come in?". Which was definitely irritating. He went in after the kid and stepped out of his shoes, setting them next to the shoe racks that were invisible to those who didn't know where they were.
"Take off your shoes."
The kid looked at him and Narcolepse rolled his eyes and flipped on a light.
"Shoes. Off."
He was patient enough, but just barely so, for the kid to deal with the shoes he wore. He turned the light off and said,
"Follow."
He didn't wait as he started for the stairs. The kid would get it and move. They went upstairs and Narcolepse shoved open the kid's bedroom door. He slammed the luggage on the bed. Finally...
"You'll sleep here tonight. Tomorrow you'll learn the ropes and meet the rest of the big happy family."
He added a large serving of sarcasm to the sentence and shook his head. He began to leave when a final thought occurred to him. He grinned to himself, then turned and said,
"Sleep tight. And don't let the monsters bite."
He laughed on his way out. That ought to upset him one way or another. Just an ounce of payback for the headache. He slunked off to his room a minute later. That kid had no idea the things in store for him in the morning.