38

Jasper... Find me. Find me in the woods...
Eyes red like burning coals. Fire. Smoke.

Jasper snapped his eyes open, then hopped out of bed and ran to the window, looking out. He searched the line of trees, as if expecting something to be there. But, there was nothing. It was just another strange dream. He let out a sigh and got ready for the day. He went to breakfast, did some morning workouts with the others, then went back to his room to look over his projects. He kept getting piles and piles of homework. And it wasn't even the end of his first week. There was so much to learn and unseen threats he'd have to face in the future. What were the threats? What was he meant to do? How did he go about saving the mutant world when he couldn't even run ten miles or lift fifty pounds? He shook his head and looked back at the project papers. He'd finished the sinking ship one, now he just needed to work on the next thing. Maybe it wasn't all that important to start right away on it, but a head start could never hurt. Freak or Books would be his go to for beginning the project. Narcolepse and Roderick would be harder to question and write about. He had no idea what he'd do about that...
Getting to know you!!!
In this project, you will get to know your peers by asking them any questions from the list below, or coming up with your own to ask. When you think you know them and have a better understanding of them, write an essay explaining who they are.
The questions went on for three pages in the packet with no room to write on. Which meant he'd be taking notes on his own paper. But, that didn't bother him so much. It meant he'd probably remember things better. Hopefully. Jasper dug through his belongings until he found a notebook and pencil. Then, he picked up the packet and left the room, going to find Books. When he found him, he was outside, fiddling with something metal on the ground. Books made little 'do do do' sounds, mimicking some drum beats from a song Jasper didn't recognize.
"Uh, hey Books."
"Hi."
"What're you doing?"
Books glanced at Jasper.
"I'm about to fire a rocket at Narcolepse."
"What?"
"Exactly what I said. I'm gonna fire this bad boy and it's gonna explode, raining flowers and fine glitter down on top of his head."
"Why?"
Books straightened and faced Jasper.
"Do you really need to ask that? It's because Narcolepse is... Him. He said some pretty nasty, messed up things last night. I'm sending him a message. Don't mess with the Bookster."
Jasper smirked as the brunet struck a pose. Skins walked up behind him and grabbed the rocket from its platform, then looked over it and hummed.
"I'll be taking this."
And then she continued walking by.
"Dammit..."
Jasper laughed at Books and his pouting puppy look.
"She is always thwarting my genius, I swear. Censoring all of... this."
Books gestured at himself.
"Oh, that reminds me."
Jasper said.
"I'm getting a head start on my assignment from Skins. Can I kind of... interview you and like... Shadow you for a day or so?"
Books shrugged.
"I don't see why not. Sure."
"Cool."
Jasper clicked his pencil cap until he had enough lead out and opened the notebook to the first blank page. He wrote 'Books' at the top of the page and the day's date. After a minute of looking over questions while Books whistled with his arms crossed, Jasper cleared his throat.
"I'm just gonna start with the basic shit. How old are you?"
Books smirked.
"Seriously? Uh, I'm fifteen."
And so began a long day of conversation and observation.