6

He went to the McDonald's for breakfast instead. He hung out there for quite a few hours, trying to get his head together. Was what he saw real? Or, was he hallucinating? Had he been hallucinating the entire time? Maybe as a reason to cope with his parents kicking him out, he made up the whole ice thing. Maybe he was actually just crazy. Maybe he was in a mental hospital and there was actually no way to get his head together, because he was a nutcase. That could be the case, right? But, then, why could he feel and touch and see and hear and taste and smell everything around him? No, he wasn't crazy... What he'd seen... What he'd felt... It was real. No one could make up those things. Right? If it was real, then... How did it all just disappear the way it did? Did he absorb it or something? Because that whole bathroom was freezing and even the mirror was showing signs of it. It couldn't just disappear. It had to've gone somewhere. So, where? Where did it go? Did it all melt and go down the drain before he opened his eyes? What exactly happened? None of it really made sense. How could any of it make sense? All of this was unheard of. This stuff only happened in books and movies. It didn't happen to real people. And yet, it was. It was happening. To him. He wanted to know where all of this came from. Why he had it. How to get rid of it. And what about school? Could he go to school like this? Well, he had to. If he wanted to graduate, didn't he have to be at school first? But... Wasn't his freak ability more important than going to school and graduating? His priorities were all mixed. So were his thoughts. So was his life. It was all just one big jumbled mess. He didn't know how things were going to go from here on out. He just needed to stay calm and hope for the best. Things would work out for him. Right? He hoped so.