60

Once dinner was cooked, everyone came filing in to eat. Freak said his prayer alone at the table, then got up to make himself a plate with the others. Freak hurried to a seat and looked at Jasper with a grin.
"Sit next to me, Snow."
There it was again. Snow. He sat next to Freak and looked over at Books.
"Don't look at me, it was all Skins."
Jasper looked at the woman who was sipping some kind of drink from a coffee mug.
"So my name is Snow?"
"You're so smart..."
Narcolepse said, patting Jasper's head like a dog. He went to a seat and started eating. Everyone dug in and Jasper smiled to himself. Snow. It wasn't such a bad name. It was simple like the rest of their names. After dinner, he went to his room and fell asleep with a peaceful mind.

And then he was awake. He was on the floor with Narcolepse over him, panting.
"Dammit, Snow!"
"What the hell are you doing? Get off me."
"Are you awake? Are you actually awake this time?"
"Yes, what the hell are you doing? Get off. Where am I?"
"At the front door."
Narcolepse stood and leaned against the door.
"You fought hard. Why is it so important for you to get out there?"
"I don't know."
"Are you dreaming about it?"
"Yeah, but I can't remember much."
"What do you remember?"
"Burning eyes."
"That sounds... Interesting."
Jasper got to his feet.
"I'm going back to bed."
Narcolepse stared after him as he left and Jasper could feel his gaze the entire way.