45

Jasper skipped out on movie night to look over his notes and try to make sense of them. He was at it for hours, running the words over and over in his head. Spies. Lies. Dies. Seen it before. What had Roderick seen? Someone die? His parents? It was all so confusing and giving him quite the headache. He jumped when there was a knock at the door. He stood and went to answer it, finding Skins.
"Hey. Did you talk to the boys about this morning?"
"Yeah... It doesn't change how I feel or what happened, though."
Skins sighed.
"I often wish my mutation was to take away people's pain and suffering, but I guess that's more of a super power than a mutation. You missed out on the movie."
"I know. I wanted to work on the project you gave me."
"Oh, I see. How far along have you gotten?"
"I have Books down and I just need to write an essay about him and Roderick is my next project."
Skins tilted her head.
"Roderick? Is that because of the other night, when...?"
Jasper shrugged.
"I'm worried about him. I want to understand him."
"Don't we all..."
Skins had a sad, far away look in her eyes.
"Don't hesitate to come talk to me or any of the other boys if you need anything. We're here if you need us, alright?"
Jasper nodded.
"Have a good night, then."
"Good night."
Skins walked away and Jasper shut the door.