62

"On your mark, get set, go!"
Freak went running through the training room, listening to Narcolepse's instructions.
"Left. Straight. Left. Go straight. Right. Forward. Jump. Crouch."
Narcolepse stayed so calm and relaxed the whole time and they got through it so quickly. They were going one at a time and racing a clock. Jasper would have to beat Narcolepse's time in order to win.
"Time!"
Jasper jumped and looked at Books.
"One minute and three seconds."
"Damn."
Jasper said under his breath. What a time to beat.
"Ok, Snow. Get ready."
Jasper took a stance and looked at the minefield as it changed.
"On your mark, get set-"
"Books."
Narcolepse spluttered out, then stumbled and fell into Freak, knocking them both to the ground. Jasper was about to pull the blindfold from Roderick's eyes when Books said,
"Don't. We continue. He's just gonna sleep. No distractions, Snow. You have your mission, now fulfill it. Go!"
Roderick started walking into the minefield and Jasper followed.
"Ok, Roderick. Slow and steady. Step to the right."
Roderick carefully inched to the right.
"Good, good. Go straight."
Roderick went straight. They continued to slowly make their way through the minefield until Books said,
"You've got ten seconds before you lose!"
Jasper looked toward the finish line, then at Roderick.
"Run straight through with zig zag motions, like you're going through cones and then jump."
Roderick ran around top speed and did exactly as Jasper said, the Elemental trailing a bit slower behind him.
"Holy shit, he's fast!"
Roderick jumped to the finish line and Jasper stepped over it a second too late.
"One minute, four seconds."
Books said.
"Dammit... Sorry, Roderick. You did good, though. Amazing, really."
Jasper went to remove Roderick's blindfold and his wrist was caught by the albino.
"H-help me."
Jasper's eyes went wide at the strained voice that Roderick spoke with. Like he was struggling to hold on.
"Roderick?"
"Help me."
Then, the albino collapsed into Jasper's arms. Narcolepse sat up and yelled,
"Roderick!"