19. Valentine's day

Pamela's POV

I tried to unlock my locker but then I realised it was already opened making me remember that Mackenna asked me to keep it open but take out my valuable items.

I frowned when tons of cars fell out of it, reminding me it was Valentine's day. I read about three and all of them which were wishing me Valentine's days and also informing me as the secret admirer. A particular one stated it loved me for my intelligence and that was kind of heart warming and smile worthy.

I gathered them all into my backpack and rearranged my locker. I shut the locker and gasped when I saw Nathaniel almost an arm's length away.

He held and bunch of red roses neatly wrapped and a box of chocolates and I assumed they were for Belinda. But, his face was emotionaless, as he walked towards me and gave me the items.

Did he just.. buy me a gift?!

"Don't feel too good about yourself. My mum told me to give these to you. They're from her." He said but nonetheless, I showed appreciation. I smiled a little because the roses were real and I saw his cheeks redden a little.

I blushed too and nodded my head.

"Thank you," I whispered and opened my locker to put in the chocolates since the roses couldn't fit. I made a mental note to stop by Mrs Demen's.

Nathaniel was still standing there and it seemed he was blocking my way.

"Um..any..anything else?" I asked looking anywhere but him.

"She also said you should escort me to the party." He said. I had no clue about any part or whatsoever and it was something I hadn't planned for.

Besides, Mrs Demen said I 'should' she didn't say I have to. And going somewhere with Nathaniel was going to be really awkward because I was sure Belinda too was going to be there.

No way!

"Um..I'm not coming to the party. Sorry." I murmured and passed his side to go to class. On my way I saw posters and flyers and a whole lot of red and white.

With the flower in my hand, I went to class sat and took out some cards from my bag to read. Some messages were just sweet and heartwarming and a few were obnoxious. I discarded the latter one and drew out my notebook too study.

I learned the roses next to my table and smiled again,

Students came in one my one and Mackenna too was among them. She slid next to me with a wide grin

"Has anyone asked you to the party?"

"What party?"

"The Valentine's party tonight." She sighed.

"I might not go.." I trailed off and she rolled her eyes and I giggled

"How many cards did you get?" I changed the topic.

"A lot but the one that mattered was from Angelo." She pouted,"To make it more sweeter, he gave me roses and a box of chocolates." She sighed,

"Nathaniel too..but he said it's from his mom." I said,

"Mom?" She asked. "What colour were they?"

"Red?"

"And he told you his mom gave it to you through him?" She asked.

"Yes."

"And you believe him?" She giggled.

"Yes.." I drawled a little.