16. The Club Night

A week later...

Pamela's POV

The examination was over and we were waiting for our results to be released. However, I and my friends entered the Cafeteria for lunch and once again I had to witness one of the times Nathaniel sees me and sucks Belinda's face. They suit themselves, after all, bad boy goes with cheerleader.

Nathaniel had ignored me throughout the examination week and though I was relieved, I felt slightly bothered. Angela too had some sort of hidden demeanour in her and I was scared it might become real.

"Let's sit here." Angela suggested and we sat. We ate in silence for a while until Mackenna broke it.

"So guys listen up." She said and we looked at her.

"There's a club night this evening, wanna come?" she said.

"Yeah..this has been a hectic week for me." Angela sighed.

"Pamela, you coming?"She asked.

"Ehr, m not sure." I hesitated.

"Come on nothing bad will happen, we have your back besides we can't go without you and it's gonna be fun." Mackenna enticed.

After a while of hesitation, I gave in and they squealed. After lunch we went for our next periods.

***

Finally done going through the mall for hours, we got our outfits ready.

Angela decided wore a red bodycon dress. Mackenna choose to wear a black silky short skirt and a pink blouse while I made up my mind to wear and off shoulder wine colored dress.

Since my parents are not around, I had to beg Eugene a thousand times before he let me go.

"No." He said before I even completed.

"Pleaseeeeee please please pleaseee!" I wailed tugging him.

"Nuh uh." He muffled taking in a bite of ice cream. "Brain freeze." He groaned.

"I'll let you have my car for a day." I said.

"A month."

"Two weeks." I bargained.

"Make it three," He suggested.

"Two and a half." I pouted.

"Be back by nine." He narrowed his eyes and I squealee hugging him. I was glad because I didn't waste money on clothes for nothing.

I wore light makeup but applied a thick layer of red lipstick on my thin lips. I tied my hair into a braid of three strands and I wore some wedges and went downstairs to where Mackenna was waiting.

Eugene was sleeping soundly and not wanting him to wake up and change his mind, I went out quickly but quietly and I entered Mackenna's car. When she saw me, she gasped.

"What?..Do I look bad?" I asked sitting inside.

"No where near bad...guys are gonna be ogling at you." She said and I chuckled.

"You also look gorgeous." I complemented her.

"Mhmm" She looked at me for a while and took off my glasses.

"Hey, Mackenna I need those." I whined.

"Oh my God you look amazing.." She breathed out " You can see right?" She questioned.

"Yes but still.."

"You don't need these I'll give it to you tomorrow." She countered and despite my protests, she ignored me and drove to Angela's place. After complementing each other, we finally got there and we got down.