29. Visit

Pamela's POV

"Dear, please can you come down? I have an errand for you!" My mom yelled.

"Coming mom!" I replied and got out of my bed and went down stairs. "Please drop this package at the Demen's house would you?" She requested.

After that party, I really dreaded seeing Nathaniel but I have to obey instructions. Any time my mind drifted to the part where he held me close, I felt my tummy flip.

"OK mum." I smiled and went back to my room. I changed out of my jean shorts and wore a pair of black jeans, got my car keys and phone, and went downstairs.

After kissing Cecelia on her forehead, I took the package and dashed out to my car and I entered.

I revved the engine and finally drove off and Mackenna called me.

"Whats up Mackenna?"I asked.

"The sky." She answered and I rolled my eyes.

"Pamela, we're going out, wanna come?..I promise it's just a girls outing." She said.

"Can't, I'm on an errand to Nathaniel's house." I replied.

"You know his house?" She gasped.

"Yep." I replied.

"But how?" She asked.

"Well 'we' worked on some science project some weeks ago." I explained.

"Wow.'' Was all she could say before I hung up and placed the phone on the dashboard.

I pulled up in front of the house and I entered to find Daisy playing with her dollhouse.

"Pamela!" She yelled and rushed to hug me

"Daisy." I chuckled.

"Where's mommy?" I asked her. I also wanted to ask her where her brother was but I didn't know how to ask beside what will I do when I see him?

"I'll get her for you." She said and rushed on the staircase.

"Mom! Pamela's here!" She yelled.

Moments later her mother came downstairs.

"Pamela, welcome, sorry I didn't come earlier, I was very busy." She apologised and I smiled.

"Um..Mom said I should drop this off." I countered.

"Oh thank you, please drop it on the dinning table." She said and I nodded as she turned to leave.

"Mrs Demen?" I called and she turned to face me.

"Hm?"

"You said you were very busy..,so is there anything I can do to help you?" I asked and she smiled gratefully.

"Thanks my dear please drop that box in the boot of Nathaniel's car and be careful it's a bit..not okay," She said and I nodded smiling as she left.

A wave of disappointment hit me when I didn't see Nathaniel any where. I sighed and carried the almost heavy box outside.

I found Nathaniel's car which had a very hight boot with a heavy door. The box was heavy and so was the door and the boot itself was high and I'm short so I think this will be easy right?

Unfortunately for me, when I climbed the boot, the heavy door knocked me I into the car making my head bang with the seat and I felt all dizzy.

***

I woke up several hours later because when my eyes opened, it was night time! and the car I was in was moving!

Wait, have I been kidnapped?

Stupid Pamela, don't you remember you're in Nathaniel's car? Wait Nathaniel?

Who's driving?

Fixing my bun and wearing my spectacles properly, I sat up and found him diving. And the worst thing was,we were out of town because the place looked like vehicles don't pass here.

Where is he going?

Gang meeting?
Club?
Witch camp?

I don't know!

And another question is what if he finds me here? And more importantly what will I tell him if he finds me here?!

Pamela calm down.

The car came to an abrupt stop at a fuel station and he got down. I sat in there and hugged my knees, bracing myself for the worst.

He opened the back of his car and shock was written all over him.

Hi Nathaniel.

"What the fuck?! What the heck are you doing here?!"He demanded.

"I..was Uh...putting something..in your..car and the d..door knocked me in." I stuttered and he ran his fingers through his hair.

"Get down." He ordered and I got down trembling.

"Now we're completely out of town and there is no way I can send you back..What were you even doing?!" He asked sounding angry.

Sorry dude, I didn't ask you to not fix your boot.

After filling the car, he led me to the passengers seat and I sat down as he continued to drive. I wanted to ask him where we were going but I didn't want him to get angrier so I shut up and looked through the window.

I decided to take my phone and call my mom but I realised I left it on my dashboard and this guy will kill me if I asked him to even let me see how his IPhone even looked like.

So I sat there silently and waited for sleep.

***

"Pamela, get down." Nathaniel said shaking me and I got down from the car. I felt too sleepy so I leaned on him and held his arm and continued to sleep and he held my shoulders and shook me vigorously making me wake up in a start.

The simple yet comfortable house stood before us as we trekked inside and a woman in her early sixties welcome us in.

"Nathaniel, my grandson, how are you?" She chirped looking up to him and cupping his face.

"I'm fine grandma." He answered and she turned to me.

"Who is this fine beautiful lady?" She asked grinning at me.

"She's the daughter of mom's friend, Pamela ." He answered secretly glaring at me and the old woman nodded and hugged me

What? I didn't ask your mom to befriend my mom.

"OK don't stand here, come in, I've made dinner."

"Where's Grandpa? " He asked and Grandma explained that he has travelled. She led us to the dinning table and we sat down with me adjacent to Nathaniel as she brought some pasta.

It tasted good and I couldn't keep it in so I told her.

"Thanks, it's Nathaniel's favourite." She whispered."Your room is over there,"She said pointing to a particular direction.

"I'll get you an extra towel, new tooth brush and sponge and some other items." She said to me and Nathaniel.

Am I sharing the same..um room with him?

No, you're sleeping on the rooftop, of course you're in the same room with him.

Well,this will be great..

____________________________________________

Vote and comment! 💟💞

And by the way, please can I know how you came by my book?