36. In The Rain

Pamela's POV

After school, I started searching for Nathaniel. My heart was racing and I was feeling so much confidence and a whole lot of feelings.

Weird.

It even got to the extent that my eyes were ahead, but I wasn't looking ahead. And that's how I bumped into Nolan outside the school premises.

"Whoa what's the hurry?" He asked.

"Well, I guess you were a little right about Nathaniel." I sighed.

"What do you-"

"Have you seen him?" I requested.

"Madam please calm down." He chuckled. "What's going on?" He asked.

"Long story."I sighed looking about for Nathaniel.

"Shorten it then." He said and I spotted Nathaniel by his car. He was staring right at me.

"Sorry Nolan, gotta go." I said leaned up and pecked his cheeks moving towards him and all of a sudden Belinda appeared outta no where and placed her lips on his.

And he didn't even look at me or moreover push her away.

Don't get me wrong, that letter went through my head.

How stupid of me!

I looked away and walked towards where I had parked my porsche.

That letter sounded more or less like he had feelings for me! If so, he'd respect me enough not to disgrace me like that.

I know I'm being a bit too much but maybe I shouldn't have allowed that letter to go through my head.

***

When I got home, I went inside and everyone was in the hall. I cleared my throat and greeted everyone.

"Honey, are you okay?" Mom asked with concern.

"Yes mom." I lied. After massive convincing, they all agreed and I went to my room. I placed my bag at the right place and trekked into the bathroom and took a long shower.

After that, I wore an oversized sweater which reached my mid-thigh and braided my hair. Later I went downstairs, grabbed a tub of ice cream and went back to my room.

I sat down in my window seat and began to eat the ice cream to muffle my cries as my fresh tears streamed on my face because I couldn't forget what had happened.

I'm so Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!

I should be expecting something like this!I feel like a disposable item! Stupid! stupid! If that was the case why did he kiss me? Or even write the letter talking about his feelings for me?

Why? Why? Why?

Even though the ice cream was frozen, it couldn't cool my face which was overflowed with heat and hot tears.

I sighed heavily and leaned my head back and I felt like something or someone was staring at me.

My heart started racing and I looked over my room. Then I spotted the Bible on my desk.

A voice in my mind was urging me to go check it out. And for that reason I stood and walked over to pick it.

I gasped when the book accidently slipped and fell down revealing the book of Mathew.

The chapter my eye fell on was the eleventh one. I sat down on the floor and carefully read through it. I reached the twenty  eighth verse and I felt like it was referring directly to me.