39. Saved.

Pamela's POV

"Pamela. Pamela. Pamela. Talk to me please." Nathaniel pouted poking my cheeks.

Nathaniel had ignored my call last night after the competition so I also decided to ignore him.

I folded my arms and still avoided him even though his touch was making me have goose flesh.

"If you don't mind me, I'll kiss the hell out of you." He threatened and I chuckled. He separated my arms and tugged me to face him.

"You're pathetic." I teased and he frowned a cute frown.

"You're evil." He replied.

"That's harsh!" I gasped.

"You're harsh!..You know I can't stand you not talking to me." He said.

"Too bad." I taunted and he looked down at my lips.

"Why do you like staring at my lips?" I asked.

"Because they're so enticing," He whined licking his and my face became red.

"So that means that..." My words trailed off when he nodded. So all this while, that was what he wanted?

"I used to ask myself, why am I preventing myself from liking you?" He asked holding my hands.

"But why Nathaniel? the other day when I asked you why..you.." I paused when I remembered our first kiss.

"Remember your first day here?" He asked and I nodded remembering how terrible it was. "When I realised how cowardly brave you were, I wanted to be mean to you but since you just had to be beautiful and sweet, I began to fall for you." He admitted.

Whenever he called me beautiful, I felt weird.

"Do you remember the time we came for dinner at your house?" he questioned and I nodded.

"I told a lot if lies especially when I called you ugly..I'm really sorry, I lied." He apologised with guilt filled in his eyes.

"Nathaniel..it's ok." I assured him smiling. He then placed my palm on his chest. If possible, his heartbeat could have pushed my hand away.

"Whenever I see you or whenever we're close, this is how my heat beats." He confessed and I gaped slightly.

"I think I should tell you the name of my crush." I said with my palm on his chest.

"It's you." I answered biting my lips and his beat more faster.

"H..how?" He asked squeezing my hand."My name starts with 'N' " He said.

"It's Nathaniel your only name?" I asked and his mouth turned an 'o' shape.

"So I was jealous of myself? I wanted to kill myself?" He asked and I nodded. He then started to titter at himself.

"I was such an idiot!" He said. "And it was all because of you,"He blamed.

"I don't really know what you see in me."

"Everything in you draws me close to you." He confessed.

"You're flattering me to much." I whined.

"No, I'm stating facts." He said and heat crept unto my cheeks. Even his words have effect on me.

***

I woke a pair of jeans and a pink top with some shoes and went outside to meet Mackenna and Angela.

"Come on Pamela, it's a pool party." Mackenna rolled her eyes.