21. Stop That

Pamela's POV

The results were released. Finally. For that matter, I came an hour early to school to prevent over crowding of students over the notice board.

I looked through the glass box and stared at the vertical A3 paper. I started looking for my name from the tenth position upwards till it stopped at the 2nd.

It felt a little but weird because I was used to my name being the first but I guess I shouldn't have been used to it.

Anyways I checked my grades. I saw about four 100%'s and some 99%'s and 98%'s and I wrote down those subjects I had below 100%. My heart fell when it landed on the B I spotted on geography.

I sighed and wrote it down as well. In all, I had six A+'s, three A's and a single, heartbreaking B. I glanced at the first position and saw Nino's names, with A+'s and A's only running through his grades and I sighed once more.

"See, you couldn't pass me. Tch." I got startled as I turned around to see him. I checked the difference between our raw scores, did some mental subtraction and saw that he only used five marks to pass me.

"Um congratulations." I cleared my throat and he nodded. I took that as my cue to go back to class and do some revision.

***

Whatever happened at the Valentine party had really caused some harm. Angela had become colder than ever. Whenever I bumped into her by mistake, she would scold me and utter mean stuffs at me.

But when she accidentally wrongs me, she insults me and I'm mentally like, I'm the one supposed to be mad here ugh.

But I had decided to just avoid her. After all at least some of what she said was true. I was just a girl who couldn't stand up for myself.

I wish I could convince her that Nolan and I only saw each other as siblings, nothing else but it was difficult to even get her to talk to me. I decided to just let it go.

"Okay you two better tell me why you're cold shouldering each other!" Mackenna groaned aloud.

I gently rose my brows and but into my taco s I secretly glanced at Angela. She looked like no one was talking to her.

"Angela, what the hell happened?" Mackenna asked.

"I don't like repetitions." She informed.

"So you won't tell me why you're holding a grudge against Pamela?" She asked.

"I don't have the time to hold grudges."

"Godammnit why are not talking to her?"
"Pamela, why is she not talking to you?"she asked me.

"You know what? I'm outta here." Angela stood up and left.

"She thinks I'm after Nolan so she had been telling stuff about Nathaniel and I to Belinda just for Belinda to torment me." I narrated.

"What the heck? And how can you cope with her after she did this childish nonsensical thing?" Mackenna asked and I remained quiet.

"I just want to explain to her that Nolan and I are not what she thinks." I sighed.

"You sound like you want her to still be your friend after what she did yo you."Mackenna accused and I groaned.

"Is that how you're gonna behave if Nathaniel too changes?" She asked.

"I don't think he will ever change.. "I trailed off. And I didn't think I would ever forgive him too.

***