26.The New Baby

Pamela's POV

I stated at my reflection on the glass window of a particular consulting room. The girl looking back at me had large purple bags under her blue tired eyes, Her once neatly tied hair was a complete mess.

Where I stood I could hear three distinct sounds, one was from the room or therapy my mom was screaming, the other was the commotion of doctors, nurses and some patients who were moving to and fro and the last one was my quick heart beat.

I really prayed for a safe delivery and also for her to also give birth safely and I was still scared. After a couple of hours, my dad came out with sweat on his forehead as relief was evident on his face.

I rushed towards towards him and hugged him.

"Well made it Pami, it was a girl." He breathed out grinning.

"Thank God...can we go see her?" I asked and my dad nodded as we went into the therapy. We entered to find mom laying tiredly on the bed.

"How do you feel?" I asked mom.

"I'm fine, see your little sister, "She whispered pointing weakly to where the tiny creature lay. I went to her side and that was where I saw the cutest baby ever, my little sister.

  I went to her side and that was where I saw the cutest baby ever, my little sister

"What's her name?" I asked looking at my parents.

"Cecelia." They answered when I gently stroked her red hair.

"Cecelia." I whispered and her bluish green eyes opened slightly and she held my index finger into her tiny palm.

"Aww." My mom coed.

I brought out my phone and took about six pictures of her.

***
"Eugene we need baby clothes!" I yelled in my room as I tucked in my shirt and put on my leather jacket. I had begged mom to allow me to shop for clothes for my little sister.

"Hurry, I'm waiting for you in the car." I announced and went downstairs into the car. He came down several minutes later and sat down.

"Can I dri-"

"No." I cut him off smiling as I revved the engine and I drove off. I was so excited we had to shop for the baby clothes.

We finally got to the huge mall and I made sure I took along dad's credit card. We went inside and went our separate ways to shop.

I got some nice dresses, bows and diapers. I spotted someone tiny beautiful red shoes as I took it in my hands and someone familiar bumped into me.

"Daisy, what's the rush?" I asked helping her to stand on her feet.

"It's Nelly, I'm running away from him." She explained breathlessly and I stared at the cornflakes in her hands.

"Daisy I said no!" Nathaniel yelled as he approached. He stopped his tracks when he approached us and glanced briefly at me.

"Pamela, why are you buying tiny shoes? Will you wear them?" Daisy asked looking at the shoes in my hand.

I knelt to her height, ignoring Nathaniel's gaze and said, "They are for my little sister." I explained and she gasped.

"You have a little sister?" She asked.

"Yeah." I smiled.

"Oh oh can I see a picture of her, please?" She pleaded pouting.

"Sure." I said, brought out my phone and opened a picture of my sister I took her. Daisy took my phone from my hands and said,"Wow, she's so cute!" She giggled.

"Nelly, look at her." Daisy said waving the phone to her brother and I stood on my feet. Nathaniel looked at the picture with his blank face and it was as if I saw a very tiny smile.

Probably my imagination.

"Pamela, are these shoes her size?" Eugene asked approaching us. When he saw us, a smirk made its way onto his face.

"Hey little girl." Eugene chirped and he knelt to her height and pinched her cheeks.

"Who are you?" She asked in confusion.

"I'm Pamela's brother, Eugene." He explained and she made an 'o' shape with her mouth.

"I thought you were her boyfriend, I would have told you she's already taken!" She declared.

"Taken by who?" Eugene asked as his annoying smirk grew wider.

"My brother of course." She said and My face brimmed bright red. I stole a brief glance at Nathaniel who was looking back at me and my breathing stopped as I looked away.

"Um..Daisy..my..my phone." I requested when Eugene stood up and moved to my side. She tapped my phone on her chin whiles her hand was on her hip.

"Hmm, on three conditions." She announced making her finger three.

"Um..what?" I asked.

"I want a hug!" She whined.

This is the first condition, she wants a simple hug.

I moved towards her and gave her a hug.

"And the last two conditions are, hug Nelly and say something to him..Nelly, make sure you reply her hug and say something to her as well or, I won't put the cornflakes back." She declared.

Is this girl really a kid?

My face flushed into the deepest shade of red and I could feel Eugene smirking excessively. I awkwardly moved towards Nathaniel as he looked down to me with a blank face.

Come on! Say something like a real elder brother.

I wrapped my arms around his torso as he hugged me back and warmth engulfed me.

"Um..Hi." I said awkwardly.

"Hey." He said in his deep velvety voice.That voice always casing goose bumps to rush through me. I gasped softly when he squeezed me slightly before we pulled away from each other.

So much awkwardness!

Daisy handed me my phone and I went to the accountant to check our items hoping my red faced will subside.

***

"Did you hear her? She said you're taken! by her brother." Eugene teased and I rolled my eyes.

"How could she do that to you and your crush?" He asked again.

"For the last time He. Is. Not. My. Crush." I lied poking my palm and ignoring my heated cheeks.

"Oops,I keep forgetting, you're boyfriend rather." He said and I growled at him when he flicked my cheek.

"Eugene why do you even think the two of us are like,..you know..why do you think we can ever be um..together? Do you know how he-" My words trailed off because I could say anything involuntarily.

"He what?" Eugene asked with his brows furrowed.

"Nothing." I lied folding the socks.

"How does her treat you?" He asked and I bit my lower lips.

"Um,.good." I lied again.

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"Yeah yeah," I assured him and smiled fakly.

__________________________________