1. Warm Face, Cold Voice.

Pamela's POV

I woke up early because I didn't want to be late for my first day or any other day. Being punctual was always a part of me. I placed my jotter in the small opening of my backpack and added my writing materials as well.

Right after that, I drew out my outfit for the day, which was a t-shirt and a pair of light washed jeans. Placing them on the bed, I went to my bathroom.

The bathroom was sleeker than the one in Virginia, and it looked so new. I was sure it would take a while before I got used to its newness. And unlike before, I used an electric kettle. This one had a heater, and it didn't take me seconds to figure out how to use it.

I washed my mouth before I brushed my teeth and rinsed it again.

Then I took a nice warm bath before I dried up and went to my room to dress up.

I also tied my hair into a neat bun and wore my glasses before I looked into the mirror and smiled. 

I was so worked up for this.

I grabbed my backpack and phone before I left my room and closed the door, and joined my parents for breakfast. 

I sat opposite to my mum and smiled again.

"You're excited for school today, right?" She asked, and I grinned, nodding. 

"Your baby sis is too." She cooed, rubbing her protruding stomach. 

"I have a checkup today, so I can't tag along. You're going with Daddy, okay?" Shs asked.

"Where is he, mum?"I asked, looking around.

"He's getting ready. He'll be done in a few," she said.

"Now, listen up, don't let people walk over you, okay? Stand up for yourself. Even if you make friends, don't depend on them to be there for you all the time, okay?" She said, and I nodded, allowing my mind to absorb all the exhortation.

"Make sure you let me know if any guy harasses you too, yeah? I'll deal with him personally." 

"Mom!" I whined laughing. 

"Come on, with these looks, I don't think you'll be resistible." She said, and I blushed.

We heard jogs on the staircase, and our dad came to view in his signature suit. Kissing mum affectionately on the lips, he sat next to me and ruffled my hair.

"Don't mess her hair." Mom scolded, and he simply rolled his eyes.

"Your new car will be shipped here, okay?" He informed me.

"Really, dad? Thank you so much!" I gushed and hugged him. My heart was thumping with excitement. 

"Anything for you, my dear." He ruffled my hair.

After breakfast, I made sure I quickly washed the dishes before I grabbed my  backpack and followed my dad outside. The wind was cold, but the sun managed to warm my skin as I opened the passenger's seat and sat

"Don't forget to keep up your stellar performance, hm?" He looked at me, and I nodded while he revved the engine. I buckled my seatbelt.

"Don't worry, dad, I got you." I smiled, and he chuckled, revving the engine.

Immediately, dad pulled up at the school, and my heart beat intensified as I stared at the huge building with students walking briskly to and fro, making discussions, laughing, crying, whining and a whole lot.

We got down, and dad held my hand before he placed his phone to his ear. We went inside, and after several paths we took, we finally came across the principal's office.