You raise your hand again, beaming with excitement.

"I think it's worth another try! I'm sure Minamoto-senpai will love it!"

Hanako-Kun grins and nods with you. He creates a heart frame around his eye and focuses on Yashiro.

"Come on, make the most of what you've got. You've put so much hard work into this."

You hum in agreement and put your thumbs up in support.

"Hanako-Kun... Y/N-chan..."

Yashiro smiles and clutches her fists in determination.

"All right! I'll give it a shot!"

━━°•°°•°━━ 

You, Yashiro, and Hanako-Kun peeked from the side of an open door leading into Minamoto's classroom.

You all watched the embarrassing scene unfold. Yashiro taking the biggest hit.

"It's turned into a weird mystery..."

━━°•°°•°━━ 

"I'm sorry for what happened Nene-Chan... We should try something else."

You worriedly walked with Yashiro down the school halls, trying to calm her down from the embarrassing situation.

"I thought it would be a good idea. It had the element of surprise."

Hanako-Kun floated on the other side of Yashiro's head, he didn't look quite as upset or dejected as Yashiro.

"It was not! They thought it was a fox returning a favor!"

"Or a daikon returning a favor."

Hanako-Kun whispered into the teary-eyed girl's ear. Your attempts to console her ended up becoming a quiet noise due to his teasing.

"Don't say that! I still think he'll appreciate the gesture."

Your bright aura seemed to give the girl hope, so you took this chance to introduce a new plan.

"Let's try out your other talent! Sewing!"

"I've noticed before in the student council room that Minamoto-Kun lost his button on his sleeve."

"We should try to see if sewing it for him will work!"

You pumped your fist in the air to show your enthusiasm, Hanako follows your gesture with an equal amount of enthusiasm while Yashiro seemed a bit more down.

━━°•°°•°━━ 

"Here, I found one of these for you.  You can sew back his button to show your affection!"

You practically beamed as you handed your new friend the sewing kit. You watched as she ran down the hallway, ready to sew the button back on.

One of the other female students takes a notice sooner and instantly offers him her button...

It only gets worse from there...

"Ah... Maybe that wasn't such a great idea after all.."

━━°•°°•°━━ 

"You should make him a boxed lunch with your vegetables!"

Opening a magazine, Hanako shows Yashiro different ways to make the lunch box presentable.

.
.
.

"Another failure!"

━━°•°°•°━━ 

The last straw had been pulled when Hanako came up with the operation "Corner of Love"

In the end, Yashiro ended up with a bruised forehead and hurting the wrong person...

At the end of school, the three of you ended up back in the bathroom.

"Jeez... None of this is working."
"And that last one had nothing to do with my talents."

Like before, you were lost in thought. Looking out the bathroom window with your head in your palm.

Poor Kou... I hope he's okay. I should go visit him after this.

I wonder how I got canceled up into this... It's the first time I've actually hung out with another student, usually, I'd be either avoided or used to get closer to someone else.

I just wanted to help... But it looks like I'm still a cursed child.

You're taken out of your thoughts as you feel something fly past your head. Looking up you notice a weird-looking doll.

"AHHH!!"

Not even moments after Hanako squeezes next to you in a sad attempt to get the doll back.

"Huh..? What was that?"

Hanako-Kun sulked at the window looking for the doll.

"Y/N-Chan... She threw my kokeshi doll out the window..."

You hesitated to pat his back, you didn't want to startle him because of the soul connection you had.
(When your soul and a ghost soul connect, you can be able to touch them as if they had a physically solid body.)

"I'm sorry that happened Hanako-Kun... But could you move over a bit, you're squishing me.."

He looks over at you with, at first confused then gradually noticing that his body felt solid on yours.

"Huh? How is that-

"Hanako-san, what are these?"

━━°•°°•°━━