46. Incomplete Melody

Comenzar desde el principio

After that, Alina doesn't protest as Amaal made her wear those earrings. She stepped back and admired her, showering her with compliments.

Haider felt out of place and bothered with all the commotions around him

Haider felt out of place and bothered with all the commotions around him. He was never a people's person. And he was here, only for one person. He kept searching for her amongst the crowd whilst occasionally adjusting the collar of his maroon linen Kurtha and fidgeting with the hem of the long sleeve. He wanted to wear a simple three-piece suit that he owned but AK suggested Kurtha will be best for the event.

After some painfully long waiting, Haider got up. He couldn't simply sit and have waiters shove starters into his face. But amongst the sea of people, he felt lost.

As he looked around, he found someone climbing on the stage where Mikael was seated alone. He looked awkward, perhaps it was because all the people were Alina's relatives. Haider's gaze followed the woman who walked towards Mikael. She was dressed in navy blue dhoti pants and matching, bottleneck sleeveless crop top. No Dupatta, no shrugs. Haider hastened his steps towards her, pushing aside people who came in his way.

Amaal lowered to Mikael and spoke something to him. Haider admired her smile. Also, he noticed the huge homer earrings that didn't match with her punky hairstyle but complimented her clothing perfectly. Haider watched her with awe, she looked divine in traditional wear. It was then he noticed her slim arms and toned midriff that peeked from between the crop top and pants. Quickly, he averted his gaze. Amaal was done talking to Mikael. Haider clenched his fists upon seeing Reyansh climb from the other side. They shared a laugh and side hugged each other. Reyansh joked with Mikael while Amaal turned away. She stilled and her smile, almost instantly disappeared.

Haider noticed the anger in her eyes, as she looked him with furrowed brows and pursed lips. He began to move towards her while keeping an eye on her. She turned and hurriedly began to walk towards the end of the stage. Haider quickened his pace and almost knocked over people on his way. He confronted Amaal at the end of the steps.

'I want to talk to you.' He said softly.

Amaal shook her head, - 'I don't want to talk to you.' She said in an annoyed tone and looked away. She was about to walk away but Haider grabbed her elbow. She yelped as he dragged under behind the many blue, white and pink curtain decorations, shutting them off from the crowd.

'What is this behavior, Haider. Are you goon?' Amaal whined. Haider pinned her against the wall and stared at her. She stared back with confidence and a scowl on her face.

'You can't run away from me.' He hissed. She frowned harder.

'I am not running away from you, dummy.' – she jerked her arm from his grip, - 'I am avoiding you.' She said simply and pushed him aside. But before she could walk away, he held her again and slammed her back against the wall.

'Ouch! What is your problem?' She spoke irritably.

'My problem is—' He shifted closer, Amaal kept staring boldly into his eyes, - 'Last night you proved how much you care for Reyansh?' – He left her hand and placed his palms on the wall next to her hands, - 'Tell me.' – He breathed heavily, - 'What do I mean to you?' He quizzed, looking intently into her eyes. She just blinked at him. He patiently waited for her to reply.

Amaal gulped, - 'You—are—my—friend.'

'Then why the discrimination?'

She frowned and pushed him, - 'He is my childhood friend and was with me when I was at my lowest point.'

'And me?' Haider kept standing in front of her, unmoved.

Amaal rolled his eyes, - 'Ya, Allah! You are impossible. Why do want everyone to be in one position? People stay in your heart; they occupy different places. That doesn't mean anyone is less.' She explained, annoyed. She pushed him hard and turned to walk away but Haider swiftly grabbed her wrist and pulled her back to him, against the wall.

'But you never took a stand for me with such furiousness as you did for Reyansh.' Haider countered her, pinning her arms to the wall.

Amaal wiggled her hands to free herself but his grip was firm, - 'Because, you attacked him. If he had attacked you, I would have taken your side.' She pressed her lips and exhaled deeply.

'And did you bother to know why I attacked him?' Haider raised his brow.

She stopped moving and glared back at him, - 'No! I was sleepy.' She replied. Haider smiled amusedly. The casualness pinched his heart.

There was a pause between them, then Haider spoke in a calm voice, - 'Anyway, I have something for you. Maybe that will change our equation.' – He kept a straight face. Then, he turned her hand and looked at the musical note tattoo at the back of her wrist. Amaal looked at him and then at her hand as he caressed her tattoo with his thumb.

'What are you—' She stopped speaking as he pulled up the sleeve of his Kurtha, revealing to her a similar tattoo on his wrist.

'Allah!' She gasped covering her mouth with her palm. Haider smiled at her reaction. Swiftly, she held his hand.

'What is this, Haider? It looks new.' She looked at him with her eyes wide. Haider tilted his head and continued to smile.

'I got it this morning.' – He answered and moved closer, Amaal looked at him with a softened gaze, - 'Amaal!'- He gulped softly, - 'I—I want to complete your incomplete melody.' – He confessed. Amaal let out a breath and he noticed her eyes were moist.

 Amaal let out a breath and he noticed her eyes were moist

Will Haider get his happy ever after?

Drop your thoughts in the comments, please *smiles* and Stay Tuned for the next update *lots of love* *hugs and kisses*