xiv. blame it on the alcohol

FOURTEEN

RORY WOKE UP ON DECEMBER TWENTY SIXTH with a pounding headache

RORY WOKE UP ON DECEMBER TWENTY SIXTH with a pounding headache. She had slept in till about ten, still wearing half of her makeup from the night before. Getting out of bed was hard for her. Partially because she didn't want to go down and see Fred, and partially because she was so bloody exhausted. Marina and Angelina were having the same issues, not wanting to get out of their comfortable beds and face the real world. However, they all did it. Taking hot showers to wash away the night before and packing up their dresses back in their trunks, never to be worn again.

"Wonder if the boys are up yet," Angelina yawned, leading them out of the dormitory.

Anxiety flooded Rory's stomach as she got closer to the bottom of the steps. She didn't want to face the reality of her actions from the night before. She was worried Fred was going to be awkward... maybe she should have been more worried for herself, given the fact she was normally the one to make things awkward.

"Morning ladies!" Lee exclaimed when he saw the girls, he was probably the most cheerful of the six.

"Good morning, Lee." Marina smiled, "I had a good time last night."

"I agree. Although I don't think any of us had nearly as good of a time as George," Lee smirked.

The others laughed as George's face filled with blush and he bit back a smile. "I blame it on Fred and Rory spiking the punch!"

Rory scoffed, "Oh, save it! Everyone knows you've thought Kirsty was hot since third year!"

"Whatever," George rolled his eyes, still pink in the ears.

"That reminds me," Angelina said, "Where'd you two go off to?" The girl gestured at Fred and Rory, both of them wide eyed and blushing.

Marina gasped and covered her mouth with her hand, "Oh. My. G – "

"Hungry, anyone?" Rory said sharply, "I'd fancy some breakfast just about now!"

"Me too!" Fred said. The two of them quickly walked out of the portrait hole and their friends slowly followed.

"Sorry about that," Rory said quietly to Fred.

"It's alright, we don't have to talk about it if you don't — " he began.

"It's fine. Let's just... we'll talk another time. I think we just both weren't thinking." She said as they approached the Great Hall.

"Yeah, 'course." He nodded.

Rory truly didn't want to talk about what happened. She wasn't ready to dive into a conversation about the future of her and Fred's relationship. Not with the stress of Cedric in the Tournament still on her, even if they weren't romantic, he was still always on her mind. Fred was always on her mind too, just not in the same way.