XXXIX.

Ava, Jughead, and Betty walked to the principal's office, she already knew it would be about the article since they all were in the Blue and Gold

Ava, Jughead, and Betty walked to the principal's office, she already knew it would be about the article since they all were in the Blue and Gold. "Since your article attacking General Pickens among others has come out, it's been a steady stream of outrage. Most recently, Hiram Lodge's lawyer, a Mr. Sowerberry has called saying his client's considering legal action against the Blue and Gold." Weatherbee said. Jughead rolled his eyes, "On what grounds?" He asked. "Defamation of character, Mr. Jones. Effective immediately, you are all suspended from the newspaper's staff. You have the day to clean out your personal things." Weatherbee told them. Ava glared at him before walking off as best as she could since she still had a broken leg. 

"I'm so sorry, Betty. I don't care if they harass me at home or school, but you... You don't deserve this heat... Either do you Ava." Jughead said. "Who's harassing you at home?" Betty asked them both. "Sheriff Keller. He has no proof, but he suspects one or more of the Serpents, probably me and Jughead, decapitated the statue of General Pickens." Ava told her. Betty looked at them. "And did you?" She asked. "Betty, how... Why would I decapitate a bronze statue with Ava?" Jughead asked. Betty and Jughead kept talking as Ava tried thinking of who it could be. It couldn't be any of the younger serpents or Jughead... It also couldn't be her friends. After school, Ava went to Pop's to talk with FP while he worked his shift. Ava decided to draw some pictures of Pop's and the people there. She loved just drawing in her journal... from eyes to nature to anything else. She then turned to see a drawing of Jughead that still wasn't finished. 

She decided to work on her drawing of Jughead later on in the day. She smiled and finished her art, she yawned softly. She decided she might go to the trailer and go to sleep. She arrived and saw Jughead stressing over a paper. "What is it, Juggy?" She asked. "We are being evict all of us... We have fourteen days, Avie." He said. "We will solve the problem... Trust me, Juggy." She said walking to him. She sat down and kissed him on the lips. Jughead relaxed in the kiss before kissing her back. She smiled and sat besides him, she put her legs on his lap. She grabbed her sketchbook and started drawing him. Jughead watched her focus on her sketchbook, he loved how whenever she was so focused she would stick her tongue out a bit. "What are you drawing?" Jughead asked her. "You'll see soon... Maybe." She said glancing at him. Jughead tried to sneak a peak of the drawing to fail. Ava smiled and kept drawing Jughead. After minutes of drawing, she finished. She turned it towards Jughead to let him see it. "Wow... I love it." Jughead said.

(The picture is what I drew

(The picture is what I drew... So, please don't credit yourself or steal it.) Ava smiled softly as she looked back at it. Jughead and Ava went to the Whyte Wyrm and put something down. A crowd of Serpents were talking when they divided. "Jughead Jones... Aveline Creed." A woman's voice said, Ava's blood went cold as she knew the voice. "Did you really think you'll see the last of me?" She asked. Ava held his hand and looked at her, shocked as to why she's back. "What's the Snake Charmer doing back here? Dad?" Jughead asked. FP was quiet which Ava had always hated. "No, I brought her here to help us." Tallboy said. "We don't need Penny's kind of help!" Ava told them. "You don't get a say anymore. Not since you broke Serpent law and hurt one of our own kind. Penny was about to tell your dad. Show him, Penny." Tallboy said. Ava glanced at Jughead with tears in her eyes but she wasn't going to cry. "Show them all." Tallboy told. Penny showed all of them the spot where Jughead cut off. "That used to be my Serpent tattoo, until your son and his girlfriend sliced my arm and left me bleeding in a ditch in Greendale. But I'm still willing to help the Serpents. Tallboy showed me those eviction notices. They're legit. But, luckily, I can think of about forty one ways to stall the process. And I'm talking years." Penny said. "What's your price, Penny?" FP asked. "Blood for blood. An eye for an eye. I want back in with the Serpents, and I want them kicked out. Oh yeah, one last thing. I want his tattoo carved off. I want to do it myself while Aveline watches helplessly." Penny told them. Jughead and Aveline went to the trailer pacing helplessly. FP walked inside, she knew he was angered at them. 

"Well? What they say? Are they kicking us out?" Jughead asked. "There's gonna be a vote. You both versus Penny." FP told them. FP and Jughead continued to talk as Ava felt dizzy. She fell back onto the couch as she held her head. "You both... will be the death of us." FP said pointing to them. Ava stood up, "I'll find whoever took General Picken's head... Penny in the picture is going to kill the Serpents and make us all Ghoulies." Ava said walking out of the trailer. Ava went with Jughead to Veronica's confirmation. After it happened, Ava decided to sneak off with Betty and Jughead to find the head. She had a suspect in mind but she wouldn't say it yet. She was talking with the elder man who runs the scrape yard. "What did this man look like?" Jughead asked. "He was older man... had a jacket like what you two are wearing." He told them. "Was this man tall by any chance?" Ava asked glaring. "Sure was." He said. Jughead and Ava looked at each other knowing who it was. The three of them and FP walked in with the head. "Stop the damn  vote." FP said. Tallboy turned around to see them with the head. 

What the hell were you doing at the dump last week, Tallboy?" FP asked to a sitting Tallboy. Ava and Jughead was standing together in front of him. "I don't know what you're talking about." Tallboy said. "I'm talking about you cutting the head off the statue and slashing it in the dump where you were seen, dumbass." FP told him. "So start spilling." FP glared at him waiting for the truth to be told. "Why'd you do it? Someone put you up to this?" Jughead asked. "What's the Northsider doing here? This is Serpent business on Serpent land." Tallboy asked. "She's here because she's one of us." Ava said crossing her arms the best she could. "You haven't answered my son's question... Why'd you do it?" FP asked. "I'm tired of seeing  Serpents going soft under your rule. Then, Hiram Lodge came by, wanting to stir up trouble. He said if I took the head, he'd get McCoy and the cops to swarm all over us. Causing chaos." Tallboy said. "So, Hiram Lodge asked you to start a mutiny and you helped him? Why?" Ava asked angry. "I figured it would be my chance to get rid of you both, sunshine. And if I got rid of them, I could get rid of you too, FP." Tallboy said. "Then what? You'd become leader?" FP asked. "He and Penny. You're Judas, Tallboy. And an idiot." Jughead told him holding hands with Ava. "You betrayed your own kind, Tallboy! You broke Serpent law. What should we do with this lowlife?" FP yelled at him. "Strip him of his jacket. Exile him." Jughead and Ava told him. "All those in favor?" FP asked. Everyone raised their hand in agreement to exile him. FP laughed slightly while looking at everyone. 

After Betty went home, Jughead and Ava sat on the couch. Jughead put his hand on hers, Ava looks at him. She gets on his lap and starts kissing him softly but with passion. Jughead kisses her back with the same rhythm. Ava pulled away from him slowly. "I love you." She said. "I love you two, Liana." Jughead said before going back to kissing her.