XXVII.

Once they were finished with repeating Jughead, Tallboy put his arms out to silence everyone

Once they were finished with repeating Jughead, Tallboy put his arms out to silence everyone. "You know the laws. Now it's time for the next trial." Tallboy said. The others moved to reveal the snake in it's glass cage. Ava looked at Toni, knowing what was going to happen. "Retrieve the knife." Tallboy said. Jughead looked at the snake then to Tallboy again. "What?" He asked. Jughead looked at Toni and Ava which they nodded. 

"A rattlesnake, Toni.A rattlesnake bit me and drew blood." Jughead said wrapping his hand. Ava rolled her eyes. "One that hadits venom glands removed, okay?" Toni said. "The important thing is you showed no fear,grabbed the knife, and remembered the laws. Which means you're almost a Serpent now, Juggy." Ava said smiling a bit. 

Betty walked to Ava as she went to Pop's and smiled a bit. "Hey Betty... What's up?" She said turning to face her. She was outside of Pop's because she was getting Jughead something before the last trial. "I just wanted to tell you...." Betty said before stopping herself. She had tears in her eyes as she looked at her. "The only reasons I'm friends with you is to make Jughead happy. Then again, I fear you're going to kill me like how your father did with Jason, it can run in the family since both of you are Serpents..." Betty said. Ava clenched her jaw. "Betty... Enough." She said with tears running down her face. "What about Jughead too... I always fear you will take him away from me in the Serpents. Stay away from me, Serpent." Betty said. Ava pushed her away from her. "You do know your mother was a Serpent but go ahead and play dollhouse with your family!" Ava yelled which caused Betty to slap her across the face. "You know why your mother left you with your brother, it was because she never loved you." Betty said. Ava punched her lip, which made Betty angry and start hitting her. She kept saying mean things till Ava felt no need to fight. "Fine... But if the Black Hood wants you dead. Don't come for my help." Ava said with tears running down her face. Betty walked off with a cut on her lip. Ava was on her knees on the ground with a cut on her lip, bruises on her face, and lastly, a cut under her right eye. She ran off to FP's trailer.

Toni walked out of the trailer when Ava passed her. She walked inside the trailer and fell to her knees, crying. She thought Jughead would be gone but he wasn't. "Hey, what's wrong? Do I have to hurt anyone?" Jughead asked her. Ava hugged Jughead and cried into his shoulder. She didn't want to talk about the moment she had with Betty. "Am I a monster?... Like my father?" She asked in tears. "No... You aren't. Hey, calm down..." Jughead said rubbing her back in comfort. 

Betty was at a bus stop alone in tears, she regretted everything she said to Ava and Veronica but she needed to keep them safe from the Black Hood. She answered her ringing phone, "I did it. But now I want my question. What will make you stop?" Betty said to the Black Hood. " You. As long as you continueshowing me your devotion." He said. She shook her head, crying more. "I can't keep doing this." She said in tears. "Sure you can. Jughead, the son of a Serpent." He said which caused Betty to cry more. "No." She said. "He's not worthy of your love. Cut him out of your life. Or I will." Black Hood told her before hanging up. Betty closed her eyes letting the tears fall from her eyes.

Archie was outside of the trailer, waiting for Jughead to come out of there. He didn't want to tell Jughead the news but he had too, he had to tell him. Ava and Jughead walk out, smiling. "Archie?" Jughead said dropping his smile. "We gotta talk, Jug." Archie told him. Ava looked at him then rushed down the stairs. "Uh, now's really not a good time. Okay? You need to leave. You gotta go." Ava said to Archie. Jughead looked at Archie then around the area. He patted his shoulders and looked at him. "What's going on?" Archie asked. "I'm serious... We're serious." Jughead said to him. Sweet Pea walked up with his group. "What do we have here?" Sweet Pea said. "He was just leaving." Ava said looking at Jughead. "Wait, you're friends with these thugs?" Archie asked them, Ava looked at him. "It's not what you think." Jughead told him. "Are you joining the Serpents?" Archie asked. Ava looked down then to Sweet Pea. "If he survives." Sweet Pea said. "Go ahead and call us thugs one more time." Sweet Pea said threatening him. Ava put her finger up which caused all of them to stop, she made the power to control them if they were trying to start trouble. "These are the guys who attacked me. Who attacked Reggie,Veronica, Dilton, your friends." Archie told them. Ava looked at Archie then Jughead. "Wait, is this why you're here?" Ava asked Archie. "To warn me?" Jughead asked finishing her sentence. "No. I came to tell youto stay away from Betty. She doesn't want to see you anymore." Archie said.

Ava looked at Archie confused then angry. She was the one who said those things about her and her family. "Screw you.I just saw Betty yesterday. She- She was fine." Jughead said. Ava put a hand on his shoulder, calming. "No, dude. She's been wanting to break up with you.She's been agonizing over it. She thinks you look perfect with Ava better than her. Since you crossed the dark side.She couldn't bring herself to do it." Archie said. "So, she sent you?Betty would never do that." Jughead said shaking his head. "If you don't believe me, call her. Feel free to tell heryou're a Serpent now. I bet she'll love that. She saw where you were headed, Jughead. We all did. And she knowsyou can't be with them and with her. Come on, man. You know it, too." Archie told him. "Tell Betty he got the message. Leave." She said to Archie. "What? Did you enjoy the show?" Jughead yelled to them. "Show hasn't even started yet." Sweet Pea said glancing at Ava. 

Jughead was at the beginning of the line of Serpents. Ava stood besides Sweet Pea at the end. She watched Jughead get ready. Jughead started walking towards them at the end while he got hit in the gut with each Serpent. Then, he got hit in the face, he stumbled around, grunting as he got hit some more. Jughead fell forwards Sweet Pea and Ava. He stumbled to get up to face them. "Is that all you got?" He asked which Ava smirked too. Sweet Pea hit him across the face, he fell down grunting. Ava watched him. "Come on..." She mumbled. Jughead looked at the ground then got up slowly. Ava smiled as he faced her. "Is that it?" He asked. Ava nodded and hit his shoulder slightly. "Welcome to the Southside Serpents." She said. Toni stood on the other side of Sweet Pea as she smiled. That night, Toni was doing Jughead's tattoo while Ava was getting in her PJ's. She always slept on the couch in FP's trailer. Her foster parents never knew where she was but they were fine with her going to Sweet Pea's and FP's trailer. She walked out in a baggy shirt and shorts. "You're gonna have a hard timehiding that from Betty." Toni commented before sitting with Jughead. "I think that's a non-issue now." Jughead said softly. Ava held his hand and smiled softly. "I will stick with you.. Betty is making a mistake." Ava said. "Just kiss you two." Toni said rolling her eyes. 

Ava leaned towards him and kissed him on the lips, Jughead didn't move... He just accepted the kiss. He kissed back, he started thinking about her soft lips as he kissed them. Ava pulled away and looked at him. "Finally, you two become a ship." Toni said softly. Ava rolled her eyes. "Night you two." She said.