XXX.

Jughead, Ava, and Toni walk together in the halls of Southside high

Jughead, Ava, and Toni walk together in the halls of Southside high. "What are the other Serpents saying?" Jughead asked. "Some people give you props for challenging the Ghoulies and beating them. Others hate that you cut a deal with Keller because it puts us in bed with the pigs." Toni told. "I didn't. That was Archie." Jughead said. "I knew about his plan but not about Keller being involved." Ava said to them. "Yeah, I know that and you know that, but some of them don't." Toni told them, Ava smiled a bit at them. They both turn to hear a man talking through a radio, they were worried for another raid. "No, is this another raid?" Ava asked seeing two cops rounding the corner. "Didn't you hear? They caught the Sugarman." Toni told the both of them. They all watched Sheriff Keller with Mr. Phillips. Jughead and Betty got back together as a couple that night, Ava knew he would pick her... He was bound to do that.

Ava answered her phone and put it to her ear. "It's Penny Peabody. Remember that favor you  and Jughead owe me? I'm calling it in. There's no ignoring it or I will find a way to torture you. Meet me at Pop's, I'm hungry." Penny said before hanging up. She clenched her jaw before sighing. She had to do it, Penny had her wrapped around her finger just because of Jughead. She got dressed then headed to Pop's. She walked in and spotted Penny. She sat down with her and looked at her. "One favor... Don't play around or I will kill you." She said quietly. "Not allowed to kill me. Remember I'm a Serpent too." She said smirking. "I have a higher rank than you. I can find a reason to kill you quietly." She said. Jughead walked in and sat besides Ava. "I can't do this favor for you, whatever it is. If I have to pay for you helping my dad-" Jughead said. Penny shook her head, "He needs more help. That's why I called. FP got in a little accident... uh, with some Ghoulies in the prison showers the other day." She said looking down. "Oh my god..." Ava mumbled. "So, he's in the infirmary now." Penny told them. "Is he okay?" Jughead asked worried. "They messed up that pretty face of his. Ghoulies wanted blood payback for the dealth at Northsider made with Sheriff Keller, got all their higher-ups locked away." Penny said. "That wasn't..." Jughead started. "What can we do to get him out?" Ava asked looking at him. She was already in a dark part... She was okay with doing any favors for her. "For that, you need money. Rich people? Rich people don't sit in jail. Money greases the wheels of justice." Penny said. "I have $18 to my name." Jughead said looking down. "I have money but I don't think it's enough..." Ava said. 

"Hmm. Then maybe we should think of this favor as a job, right? Just a one-time delivery. Pick up a crate on the Southside, deliver to an address in Greendale. That's it." Penny told them. "What's in the crate?" Jughead asked. "Let's say, um... pancake mix." Penny said. Ava shook her head and looked at Jughead. "Penny, We're not gonna be your drug runner." Jughead said. Penny shook her head. "Of course not. You're gonna be my transportation advisor. Do this, and I'll use your cut of the cash for your dad's case. I'll see what we can do about getting him an early release." Penny said. Ava sighed softly, "Fine... We'll do it." She said. "Good. Make the drop-off, get out before midnight. Don't wanna bein Greendale after midnight. And, um, this crate, it's not gonna fit on your bike. Can you get a car?" Penny said. Jughead and Ava looked at each other, they could use Archie. So... That's what they did, they talked with Archie about his father's truck. Jughead would talk with him first then Ava if he didn't agree. Archie agreed which caused him to be in the whole mess with them. Ava rode in the back of Archie's dad's truck, she soon fell asleep. 

She woke up quickly when she didn't feel the truck moving anymore... Turns out, Jughead went alone with the crate to deliver it. Ava walked to Archie and watched a deer walk out to the road. It stopped to look at them then walked to the sign. "Arch, we got to go to Jughead. I don't trust him alone..." Ava said getting in the car. Archie and Ava arrived at a café. "What's going on?" Ava asked with arms crossed. "They're trying to dine-and-ditch." She said. Ava paid for the meal, "Go to the back and don't come out..." She told quietly. "Two boys and a girl on a country road, a crate of God-knows-what. You're sinners, all of you. Careful, or you'll taste the Reaper's blade next." He told them. Ava rolled her eyes and led the guy out. Archie and Jughead took the crate back. Ava watched him leave and thought of what he told them. "Hey. Thanks. And thank you for coming back for me." Jughead told them. "I said I'd see this through, Jug." Archie said. Ava checked the time. "It's 11:52... We better go." She told them.

Jughead and Archie walked with the crate while Ava helped with the doors and leading them to the spot. A person wheeling a wheelchair comes out. Ava, Archie, and Jughead look at them shocked. "You're late." She said. "We had car trouble." Jughead told her. "Next time, don't be late." The woman told them. Ava and Jughead shook their heads to that comment. "No next time. No. This was a one-time thing." Ava said to her. "That's not what Snake Charmer tells me. She says Serpents are taking over for Ghoulies. We're set for regular delivery with a regular delivery boy or girl. Now, which one of you is Jughead Jones and Aveline Creed." She said looking at them. "You know my name?" Jughead asked. They get in the car and Ava calls Penny. "You told us it was an one time thing.." She said angrily. "You should know better to believe that. Have fun being stuck with me, Serpent Princess." Penny told her, she knew she was smirking through the phone. Ava heard the line cut off which meant she hung up. She sighed softly as she was back where she originally was.

"Penny... I want to join the Southside Serpents. No one must know I have joined or is the Serpent Queen." Young Ava said as she kicked her feet. She was a fourteen year old wanting to join a gang. Penny looked at her and sighed softly. "Aveline.." She started. "Ava... I hate that name." She said poutingly. "Ava, you are a fourteen year old wanting to join the Serpents... Wait till you are older." She said. "Please Penny. I'll do anything as a favor to you." She begged. Penny decided to talk with FP about Ava being in the Serpents and not doing the Serpent dance women had to do. FP agreed along, FP told Penny to not tell Killain which she refused and told him anyways. Killain yelled at Ava and caused a war with each other. "Why did you join the Serpents when you didn't want me to either!" Ava yelled to him before taking the baggy jacket for her. She walked out and refused to talk with Penny ever again.