XXXV.

" Students of Riverdale High, this is your principal

" Students of Riverdale High, this is your principal. E-mails have been sent to your parents, but effective immediately, Southside High School is shut down. Its students will be transferred to other schools in the district, including this one. I believe the statement we're releasing." Weatherbee told the students of Riverdale High. Jughead and Ava was at Southside, holding hands as they been dating for awhile now... Since Betty broke it off with him for doing the Serpent dance. 

Ava and Jughead sat down together on the stairs, Toni was reading Jughead's essay. "Wow, Jones, props to you. It's very Lovecraftian. Which I'm sure was the intention. But did you write this on a typewriter?" Toni said. Jughead nodded as he held Ava's hand while she was playing with the necklace she had around her neck. "Yeah, I wanted to get into Lovecraft's headspace." Jughead said smiling softly. "So, it wasn't like Betty bought you a typewriter for Christmas or anything?" Toni said looking at him then towards Ava. Ava sighed and looked towards the door to see it open. Jughead took it, "No comment." He commented. Sweet Pea and Fangs walked out, smiling and laughing. Jughead and Ava stood up as they watched them be excited about something. "What's going on?" They asked. "This hellhole's officially closed. No more Southside High." Sweet Pea told them as more kids walked out. "What? How?" Toni asked. Fangs and Sweet Pea looked at each other than one replied. "It's gonna be quarantined. We're going to different schools." Sweet Pea told them. "This doesn't make sense. Where are you guys going?" Ava asked them, worried Ava and Jughead would be separated or even worst... Betty and Jughead get back together and she doesn't know. "Same as you, you, and you, and Fangs. We're going to Riverdale High." Sweet Pea said looking at each of them as he said you. "I... Better go... See you later." Ava told Jughead and Toni. She kissed his lips then pulled away, she left following Sweet Pea and Fangs.

"Toni, do you think Ava doesn't like me anymore...?" Jughead asked worried. Toni looked at him and sighed. "Jug... She loves you, she just is scared you are going to leave her for Betty. With us going to the Northside and Riverdale high, she's scared you'll catch feelings again." Toni said getting up. "Keep her close to your heart... She is your Queen too." She said. Jughead nodded and walked off to find his Queen. Jughead caught up to Ava going to Pop's. 

"Mayor McCoy has deemed Southside High a public health hazard due to toxic fumes from the methamphetamine lab in the basement." Jughead read off the paper. Ava looked at him confused along with FP. "There was no meth, just Jingle-Jangle." Ava told them, she knew something was off about it. "So, the worm turns, and it's back to Riverdale High, huh?" FP said crossing his arms. "Something smells fishy." Jughead and Ava said in unison then smiled at each other knowing this would lead to an investigation. "Damn straight, something smells fishy. The real reason you don't wanna go back." FP said truthfully. "What do you mean?" Jughead asked. The door opens, they hear the bell ring. "She just entered Pop's." Ava told him. Jughead looked at Ava then FP. He was dating Ava now but everyone knew he would go back to Betty... Even Ava herself. Betty was the opposite of him but yin and yang... She was the perfect girl. Ava was the same as him but not as perfect or beautiful as Betty. " Thanks for meeting with me." Betty said sitting across from Ava and Jughead. " Yeah, no problem. I was gonna reach out and clear the air before Dr. Beaker awkwardly pairs us up in chemistry or something." Jughead said, holding Ava's hand softly. "Actually, I wanted to meet because I need help. You two remember that baby my mom put up for adoption?" Betty said. Ava nodded, "The long lost Cooper sibling. Yeah." Ava told her. "I was hoping you'd put me in touch with your social worker to see if she can help me find him." Betty said looking at him. "Betty, of course I'll help, but why the sudden need for a brother?" Jughead asked. "Polly had the twins. She didn't even call my mom to tell her. I know my mom's crazy, but she's also... really sad. So, maybe if she found her son, having him in our lives.." Betty said hoping for his help. "I'll give you her number." Jughead said. "Thanks, Jug. As for clearing the air, I'm happy you'll be back at Riverdale High." Betty asked.

The bell rings as Jughead and Ava walks in with the other Serpents

The bell rings as Jughead and Ava walks in with the other Serpents. She smiled as everyone looked at the group. They walked up to the table with Archie and Veronica. Ava held Jughead's hand as she walked besides Toni. "Friends. On behalf of the studentsand faculty here at Riverdale High, welcome to your new school. To ease this transition,they've set up a registration desk where you can get locker assignments,schedules and a list of extracurriculars. We encourage every one of you to drink deeplyfrom the cup that is fair Riverdale." Veronica said. Ava smiled towards Veronica, she noticed Jughead holding her hand and winked towards her. "Stand down, Eva Peron." Cheryl said walking down the stairs with Reggie and the Vixens and the Bulldogs. "There's the school spiritI so fondly remember." Jughead mumbled. "Yep..." Ava rolled her eyes. "Cheryl, no one invited Fascist Barbieto the party." Veronica told Cheryl. "Wrong, Veronica. No one invitedSouthside scum to our school. Listen up, ragamuffins. I will not allowRiverdale High's GPA to suffer because of classrooms overcrowdedwith underachievers." Cheryl said. Ava stepped forwards ready to attack her but Toni and Jughead held her back. "So, please, find some other schoolto debase with your hardscrabble ways." Cheryl finished. Toni stepped forwards. "Why don't you come over hereand say that to my face?" Toni said to Cheryl.

"Happily, Queen of the Buskers." Cheryl said stepping closer till Archie went in between them. "Okay, guys. Everyone. Can we put our Northside-Southsidedifferences apart and start over? A new slate?" Archie said looking at them. "You don't speak for the Bulldogs. I remind you, these greaser-snakesshowed up at your place to kick your ass." Reggie said. Sweet Pea stepped forwards ready to attack them. Jughead and Ava and Toni had to stop him. "Time to finish what we started." Sweet Pea said. "I am so over the toxic masculinityin this hallway right now." Veronica said. "All right, enough pomp and circumstance. Everyone, let's get to class. Now." Weatherbee told them. The Southside Serpents walked off first. "Gotta love Riverdale high..." Ava mumbled.