IV.

Ava called Betty explaining everything she can do to help Veronica

Ava called Betty explaining everything she can do to help Veronica. Ava went to the Taste of Riverdale with Jughead. They were on the balcony overseeing the whole event. She watched the Blossom's and Cooper's fight about the article. They watched Archie come up and stay out of sight. "Are you sure it was worth sneaking out for some locally sourced Muenster?" Jughead asked. "I helped write that song, man." Archie said. They both listened. "Not bad..." Ava mumbled watching the Pussycats play. "I'd love to stay, but I gotta shake down an evil Adventure Scout. See you." Jughead said to Archie. "I can help." Ava said. Jughead got up and left, he patted his shoulder before leaving. Ava followed since she didn't have anything else to do. They walked down the stairs to see him at the end. "Hello, Dilton. I talked to one of your scouts. I know you fired the gun which makes you both a liar and a public menace." Jughead said. "So what if I did? I was doing the Adventure Scouts a favor. Somebody has to teach them how to stand their ground, the way this town.." He said. "Save it for your statement,which you can make to Sheriff Keller or to us." Ava said crossing her arms. "I suggest the latter. Blue and Gold offices, tomorrow." Jughead told him. They walked away from him and away from the problem at hand.

The next day, Blue and Gold had the book of shame published. Jughead was at Ava's side talking to her about her name being in the book. She had to explain somehow. "Jug... Jason and me were nothing. He cornered me and used me for his own points. I'm so sorry for not telling you this sooner." She said. Jughead hugged her and let her cry on his shoulder. 

"It's been a week since the discovery of Jason Blossom's body. But his death is not the first. Nor would it be the last casualty that the town of Riverdale would suffer. The Twilight Drive-In, where we work, our home away from home... a piece of town history, is closing for good justwhen we needed a place to escape to the most. With Sheriff Keller knocking on every door and neighbor suspecting neighbor Riverdale, every day that passes, is becoming more like Salem during the witch trials. And, meanwhile, the girl next door... our friendly neighborhood Hitchcock blond,Betty Cooper... was wrestling with the knowledge that her best friend, Archie Andrews was caught up in a forbidden romance."

"The drive-in closing, it's just one more nail in the coffin that is Riverdale. No. Forget Riverdale. In the coffin of the American dream. As the godfather of indie cinema, Quentin Tarantino, likes to say.." Jughead ranted. Jughead, Ava, Kevin, Betty, and Veronica were all sitting in the booth. "Please, God,no more Quentin Tarantino references." Kevin begged. "What? I'm pissed." Jughead said. "We're pissed... And not just about losing our job. The Twilight Drive-In should mean something to us. People should be trying to save it." Ava said. "In this age of Netflix and VOD, do people really want to watch a movie in a car? I mean, who even goes there?" Veronica said looking at the both of them. "People who want to buy crack." Kevin said. "And cinephiles and car enthusiasts,right, Bets?" Jughead said before looking at Betty. "Totally." Betty said. "Anyway, it's closing because the town owns it but didn't invest in it. So when an anonymous buyer made Mayor McCoy an offer she couldn't refuse.." Ava said with Jughead. 

"Anonymous buyer? What do they have to hide? No one cares." Veronica said. "I do." Jughead said. "Same. You guys should come to closing night." Ava said. "I'm thinking American Graffiti. Or is that too obvious?" Jughead said. "I vote for anything starring Audrey Hepburn.Or Cate Blanchett." Veronica said. "Or The Talented Mr. Ripley. Betty, your choices?" Kevin said looking at Veronica before looking at Betty. Ava started drinking her chocolate milkshake. Ava loved the choices on the movie, yet she wasn't paying attention. Hermione came with the food for them. "Thanks." Ava mumbled with a slight smile. "You okay, Avie?" Betty asked. "Just thinking... I'm going to go to the drive-in..." She said before leaving Pop's. She left before something bad happened. Betty and Veronica found out about Ms. Grundy and Archie. Cheryl found Hermione talking with two Southside Serpents from her view. 

"Jug, she's not gonna write about meand Grundy in the paper, is she? Like she did with Chuck?" Archie asked Jughead. Ava was putting and giving people flyers for the last night of the Drive-In. "Dude. Seriously? Okay. Come on. Think about what you're asking. If there was even an iota of a chancethat something could hurt you in any way Betty wouldn't do it." Jughead explained to Archie. "Probably." Archie said. "Oh, my god." Ava said. "I'm kidding. But maybe she has a point. What do you see happening with Grundy,long term? What do you want?" Ava said. "Ugh. I want to be with her. I don't know how, but I wanna hang onto what we have for as long as possible." Archie said. "Yup, I feel that. We've been trying to hold onto something a lot older than us too." Jughead said which made Ava roll her eyes at Jughead. "Just if Betty's gonna do anything crazy,can you please let me know so I can stop it?" Archie said before all of them went separate ways. The two workers from the Drive-In placing flyers around so they can get as many people there. 

After school, everyone went to their respected places. Jughead and Ava however went to the Drive-In to get ready for their last night at the Drive-In. "Jug... What will happen after this? Will we be split up?" She asked starting to feel panicked. "Hey, hey. No, we would never. Remember the promise we made?" Jughead said. "It's more like we were sad and lonely and made this up..." Ava said. "I can't promise to fix all your problems but I can promise you won't have to face them all alone." She quoted young Jughead's words. Jughead chuckled and nodded. "We will get through this together and face it together." He said hugging her before they got everything else ready. 

Ava and Jughead was watching the movie from the building that they called home for years. Ava took a handful of popcorn and ate it. Ava looked out and saw the Southside Serpents... A second home for both of them if all fails. After the night passed, Ava and Jughead had to left in the morning. They were graffitiing the side of the building. Jughead put 'Jughead Jones wuz here' with a crown. Ava wrote 'Aveline Creed waz here' with a snake wrapping around a crown. They turned around to see their father... both of theirs. "They'll tear that booth down too." FP told them. "Raze the whole place.Send it to the junkyard. And us with it." Killain said crossing his arms. "Yeah..." Ava said looking at her father. "Maybe they'll save it. All the pieces. Store it in the town hall atticand rebuild it in a hundred years. Wonder who the hell we were." Jughead said. They chuckled at the thought of future Riverdale doing it. "So where you gonna live now?" FP and Killain asked their kids. "I'll figure it out, Dad." Jughead said. "We always do." Ava said before they walked off away from their fathers... and away from a place they called home.