I.

"Our story is about a town, a small town, and the people who live in the town

"Our story is about a town, a small town, and the people who live in the town. From a distance, it presents itself like so many other small towns all over the world... Safe. Decent. Innocent. Get closer, though, and you start seeing the shadows underneath. The name of our town is Riverdale. And our story begins, I guess, with what the Blossom twins did this summer. On the Fourth of July, just after dawn, Jason and Cheryl Blossom drove out to Sweetwater River for an early morning boat ride. The next thing we know happened for sure is that Dilton Doiley, who was leading Riverdale's Boy Scout Troop on a bird watching expedition, came upon Cheryl by the river's edge. Jason... Riverdale Police dragged Sweetwater River for Jason's body, but never found it. So a week later, the Blossom family buried an empty casket and Jason's death was ruled an accident, as the story that Cheryl told made the rounds. That Cheryl dropped a glove in the water, and Jason reached down to get it, and accidentally tipped the boat, and panicked, and drowned. As for us, we were still talking about the "July Fourth tragedy" on the last day of summer vacation, when a new mystery rolled into town." 

After what happened, this Sophomore year wasn't going to be that exciting. A new girl comes to school... A death of the famous Jason Blossom... and broken hearts. In the morning... We found out that Jason didn't actually drown but he was shot. Only the cold steel blade of the coroner's autopsy scalpel will reveal the cold dead secret. Ava looked at Jughead as they sat at their booth at night. "So, how's the writing going?" She asked. Jughead looked at her. "The usual." He replied. Ava nodded and looked outside at the cold dark sky. "I'm going to head out. School and stuff tomorrow." She said. "See you." He said. Ava grabbed her jean jacket, putting it on before leaving Pop's. School came up the next morning. Archie was at his locker when Jughead walked to him. "Hi." Jughead said. Ava was looking at the Jason memorial when she turned to see Jughead. Archie turned around to face him. "Do you think I could use Jason Blossom's death as an excuse to get out of PE?" Jughead asked. Ava laughed a bit but kept it quiet. "Sorry, coach. I'm just too depressed and freaked out right now to do pull-ups." Jughead said looking at Ava. Archie closed his locker and looked away. "Don't joke about Jason Blossom." Archie said. 

"What? Sardonic humor is just my way of relating to the world." Jughead said. Ava nodded and walked to them. She hated the family of Blossom's. Jason was just the one she hated the most seeing as she had a bad history with him. "Heh. Look, it's the rich kids from The Goonies." Ava said looking over to the side. "All right, I'm out." Jughead said. Ava looked at him and sighed. Ava walked after him. "Watch it, Wednesday Addams." Reggie said as he hit Jughead's shoulder. "There's the little puppy chasing after him." Reggie said watching Ava walk after Jughead like she was his next prey. Ava shook her head, tired of every guy in Riverdale high except for Kevin, Archie, and Jughead. " Good morning, students.This is your principal speaking. There have been many inquiries about the upcoming pep rally. So let me state clearly... it is happening as scheduled. Now, on a less felicitous note... if you could give your attention to Sheriff Keller." Weatherbee said. "Most of you already know the details... but your classmate Jason Blossom's body was found late Saturday night. So as of the weekend... Jason's death is now being treated as a homicide. It is an open and ongoing investigation." Keller said. "And may I interject? Neither I nor my parents will rest until Jason's death is avenged... and his cold-hearted killer is walking the Green Mile to sit in Old Sparky and fry. I, for one, have my suspicions. Hashtag "Riverdale strong." Cheryl interrupted. "If you know anything that could help us find and apprehend Jason's killer... or anything about what happened to him on July 4th... I strongly urge you to come forward immediately. You can speak with me or Principal Weatherbee. A death like this wounds us all. Let's not let Jason down." Keller finished his speech. Ava rolled her eyes. "Hashtag, could care for less." Ava said annoyed. 

Ava was paired with Jughead, Archie and Cheryl, Moose and Kevin, Betty and Veronica. Archie was talking to Cheryl about her dead brother. Ava liked listening to others conversations, it was more interesting than her normal life. "Jughead, I think the killer of Jason Blossom is someone we all know..." Ava said looking at Cheryl. "I just can feel it." She mumbled. Jughead was writing something when he turned around to look at Cheryl since both of their team mates gasped at Cheryl. Time went on as the day continued to reveal itself. Jughead and Ava was walking down the hallway. Jughead having his headset in, Ava looked inside the music room and saw Archie. She grabbed Jughead's hand, stopping from continuing. "Look." She whispered. They both saw Grundy and Archie close, like dating close. "That's.... Disgusting." Ava commented softly. They walked off, while it was happening. Betty, Cheryl, and Veronica was at practice. After school, Ava went to Pop's to see Veronica. "Hey... I'm Aveline. I'm not sure we met." Ava said looking at her. Veronica looked at her and smiled softly. "Hi, I'm Veronica Lodge." She said. Ava sat besides her. "Would you like to be my friend, Veronica?" She asked. Veronica nodded and they talked about their life. Archie walked in and the two had a staring contest... an awkward one at that. "Well... I'm going. Nice meeting you, V. Bye Archie." Ava said picking up a bag and leaving Pop's.