VI.

It's been a few days since the funeral and finding Polly in the Sisters of Quiet Mercy

It's been a few days since the funeral and finding Polly in the Sisters of Quiet Mercy. Ava knew Betty and Jughead were dating or starting to since Jughead told her. She was his most trusted friend. Ava woke up to Jughead's alarm, she groaned softly. "Hey Av, we got to get up." He told her. "Six more minutes..." She mumbled. Jughead rolled his eyes and got up, he soon went to the showers in the locker room. Ava sighed and got up after he left. She was never a morning person, she walked to the girl's locker room and showered. Ava would always get finished with her showers early so she had minutes alone. Till, today... Archie walked into the closet which made Ava jump. 

"How long?" Archie asked the both of them. "Well, since they shut down the drive-in." Ava told him. "That's where we were living before." Jughead said. Archie was surprised of them not living at home. "Why the hell are you not living at home?" Archie asked both of them. "The truth is, things aren't good at home.." Jughead said. "At either of our homes." Ava said. "With your dad?" Archie asked. "Yeah. He kind of fell off the wagon... after your dad fired him,to tell you the truth. Hasn't had a job since. He promises he'll get his act together but my mom couldn't takethat roller coaster anymore so she grabbed Jellybeanand went to live with our grandparents." Jughead said. "What about you Ava?" Archie asked her. "My dad fell off the wagon when I was five... He started drinking and hasn't had a job since. When I was six, my mom left with my older brother... I moved out of my dad's trailer when I was eight or nine." Ava said. Ava looked at Jughead and smiled softly... but it was all fake. The school bell rang out through the halls. "Come on." Jug said grabbing his bag. Ava got up and walked after him. "God, Jug.. Ava, why didn't you tell me? And where does your dad think you are?" Archie asked. "He thinks we are couch-surfing." Jug told him. "Well, screw that. Live with me... Both of you." Archie said. "This is temporary, man. I'm going to figure something out.Just don't tell anybody. Especially not Betty." Jughead said. "Betty? She's not gonna care. If anyone's gonna be a snob about it,maybe Veronica." Archie told him. "Right, well, exactly. Don't tell her, either." Ava told him before they all went different paths. 

Ava, Betty, Archie, Jughead, Kevin, and Veronica were all sitting together in the lounge room. "My mom and dad don't wanna getthe police involved. They don't want anyone to know she ran away, or about her shameful condition." Betty told them. "Please. What decade is this?" Veronica asked. "Well, since she knewwhere Jason's car was they're afraid people might thinkthat she burned it and that if she did." Betty said. "She could be the murderer covering her tracks." Ava said. "Who did burn the car then?" Archie asked. "Sheriff Keller says it's possiblesomeone was following us." Betty said. "Aside from me..." Ava told them. "Oh, my God. Honestly, guys, we should just move." Veronica said. "Guys, what if Polly's really hurt? What if whoever killed Jasonis coming after her next?" Betty asked. Jughead put his arm around Betty, Ava felt a little jealous but she couldn't just say that. "Betty, even though your parents don't want to,maybe you should go to the police." Archie said. "Seconded. We can talk to my dadabout how he has to be discreet." Kevin said. "No offense, Kev, but your dad answersto a higher authority than God. The Blossoms.They're the first people he would tell." Ava told them. "And if there's anyone to keep thisa secret from, it's the Blossoms. They'd twist it aroundand go after Polly out of spite." Betty said. 

"How can we help? Tell us, B. We'll do it." Veronica said. If someone said, you could see the tension in the group... They wouldn't be lying. Everyone was stressed in their own way... Ava, Jughead, and Betty more than the others. Jughead was walking when Ava and Archie caught up. "Hey, Juggy. You know how you said you didn'twant Betty knowing where you were living? Is that because you and Betty...?" Archie asked. "We may have had a moment." Jughead started. "It's cool, I get it. No worries. I'm just curious. Hey, I've been thinking about your situation.And I talked to my dad. And he said he's willing to give your dada second chance but only if FP wants it. He's gonna call him. I think you should talk to him. Between the two of us,we can make this happen." Archie said. "Maybe the three of us can... I need to talk with my dad and FP so I'll tag along with you Jug." Ava said.

Jughead and Ava walked to Sunnyside trailer parks in hope to help FP. "Looks the same since we lived here..." Ava said before they walked into the trailer. There was beer bottles, trash, and clothes everywhere in there. Ava looked around and sighed. There was a cough from FP Jones which made them turn to face him. "The Prodigal Son returns with the legend herself." FP said raising his hands up. "How you doing? You look good." FP asked. "Hanging in there." Jughead said. "Yeah?" FP mumbled before putting away things. "We came by to ask if you would considergoing back to work with Fred Andrews." Jughead said avoiding eye contact. "Huh... Yeah, he called me. I said no. You know, he fired me, Jughead. Aveline. You know, what kind of man would I beif I went back, hat in hand?" FP told them. "For starters? A man with a job, trying to fix his family.." Ava told him. "Talk to your mom, Jughead. She's the one who gave up on us,took your sister." FP told him after slamming the cabinet door. "Can you please just go see Mr. Andrews?He's willing to give you another chance." Jughead said. "Oh, he's willing, huh? That's generous of him,after all the crap he pulled on me." FP said before sitting down in a chair in the corner. 

"Dad. Don't you want our family back together? Mom and Jellybean could come home.I could come home. It's not too late." Jughead said before leaving. Ava stood in the doorway. "FP... try to make things right with him." She said before leaving. "Wait Ava... Your old man told me to give this to you." FP said giving her an envelop with Aveline Chicago-Persephone Creed in nice writing. "Thanks..." She whispered before leaving the trailer.