XXXVIII.

Jughead rushed to the trailer first, he drove to the trailer park to see a crash with a motorcycle

Jughead rushed to the trailer first, he drove to the trailer park to see a crash with a motorcycle. He got off his to find Ava laying under her motorcycle. Jughead rushed to her and checked if she was alive. He then called 911 quickly, after he called FP to tell him the news. Ava was rushed to the hospital to be rushed into surgery. FP rushed to the hospital to find Jughead sitting with his head in his hands. FP sat right besides him, "Do you know if she's okay?" He asked. Jughead looked up at his father. "No... She was rushed into surgery though..." He told him. "I'll stay with her for the night. You have to apologize to Thomas Topaz." FP told him. Jughead nodded then left, he was worried that the love of his life is going to die... or even be trapped like this. A doctor walked out once Jughead left. "Are you family to Aveline Creed?" He asked FP. FP stood up off the chair, "Yes, her adopted father. How is she?" He asked. "She has a few broken bones, her left leg was one of them along with her left arm trying to stop herself from an injury in the head. She had a punctured lung. She should be out of surgery in three to four hours." He told FP. This was going to be a long night. 

It was during day, Ava was laying in her hospital room while everyone got to go to Picken's Day. FP stayed with her even if he was tired. "Hey kiddo. How are you doing?" FP asked. Ava looked at him and sighed softly. "Hurts to breath but I'm doing good. How is Jughead?" She asked. "Let's not talk about him now, what do you remember before crashing?" FP asked. "A car driving towards me. Once he hit me, I remember hearing the window roll down... It was the Black Hood, his warning he will kill me next time I sin." Ava told him. FP nodded and sat besides her. "Jughead loves you, I think him kissing Betty was because she forced him. I see how happy he is with you." FP said. Ava smiled and nodded as she closed her eyes. "You rest for a bit. I'll tell Jughead you are out of surgery and in room 243." FP said leaving. Ava was alone in her room, fearing the Black Hood coming to kill her. Later in that day, Jughead walked into her room. "Hey..." He said softly. Ava looked at him then looked away. "I'm sorry, can I explain what happened?" He asked her. "I'll tell my part then yours... I know your part will make me seem like an asshole so I'll start." She said. Jughead nodded, he then sat down. "When I left the room... I trusted you with Betty because I thought you two were talking about something important. Cheryl came to me to show me a picture of you and Betty kissing. I ran straight to FP in Pop's then I went to the trailer before getting in the crash with the Black Hood." Ava told him. Jughead looked at her concerned. "Did he say anything?" He asked. "That he will kill me if I sin again." Ava told him while messing with her fingers.

"Well... Once you left, Betty kissed me. I knew she liked me and wanted me back. I pushed her away once I knew what she was doing. I didn't know you left till Toni told me about it. I ran straight to Pop's when my dad told me you were at the Whyte Wyrm or the trailer. I went to the trailer first and saw you there... Then we are basically here. I'm glad you're alive." He told her. Ava smiled, she reached for his hand and held it. The very next day, Ava was sent home but told to take it easy. She was on the couch sitting there with her crutches besides her. Jughead heard a knock at the door so he went to answer it. He opened the door to see Sheriff Keller, he opened the door wider. "Sheriff Keller, what a surprise." Jughead said as Keller walked in and he closed the door. "Jughead. FP... Aveline. Sorry to bother you, it's uh..." Sheriff Keller said. "We do not have General Picken's head." Jughead said. "And we don't know who stole it unless we investigate." Ava told him getting off the couch for the first time in hours. "Same as the last four times you asked us and our neighbors." FP said before glancing towards Ava. 

"You know, Sheriff, these visits are starting to feel a lot like harassment. Zero proof whatsoever pointing to any particular group of suspects." Jughead said. "That is true, Sheriff." Ava said crossing her arms. "Well, you did write a rather scathing article about the General's legacy, which prompted the Southside Serpents to stop by at Pickens' Day with an ax to grind." Sheriff Keller told them. Ava sat down at the table and sighed softly, she felt like her ribs were burning whenever she took a deep breath. Jughead smirked a little, "I'm actually writing a new article about how you seem to care more about catching a vandal than the Black Hood. Can I get a quote?" Jughead told him with a little bit of sarcasm. FP chuckled at his son's sarcasm. Ava smiled a bit while watching. She decided to put an ice pack on her ribs for the pain would dull down. 

They went to school, Jughead stayed with Ava helping her as much as possible with the day. The gang was together as they talked. "I already invited Archie, but I want you guys to be there, as well. Usually these kinds of events, baptisms, confirmations are family-only, but since it's all about me and you guys are my chosen family, I pulled a few strings and reserved you a pew." Veronica said. "What's the dress code?" Ava and Kevin asked. "Catholic chic. So, dresses for the girls, veils optional. And coats and ties for the boys." Veronica said which they nodded too. "Jughead Jones, Aveline Creed, and Betty Cooper, please report to the principal's office. Jughead Jones, Aveline Creed, and Betty Cooper to the principal's office." Weatherbee said through the speakers. "Great..." She mumbled getting up slowly.