XVII.

Ava and Jughead were with FP before they couldn't

Ava and Jughead were with FP before they couldn't. "When Archie told meabout his little plan to help you get you on your feet and working with Fred... deep down... I knew it was a mistake." Jughead said to FP. "Should've listened to your gut." FP told him. "You really had me.... You really had us. Cleaning the trailer,convincing me that you had quit drinking. I was so happyfor the first time in so long. You paid attention to me. Let's be honest. The only reasonyou even read my manuscript about Jason's murderwas to make sure I wasn't onto you. And you didn't wanna take me to Toledoto get the family back together. You wanted to get away. You wanted to run away." Jughead said. "I did what I had to do! What I always do!" FP yelled. Ava got up and went to him. "Are you even sorry?" Ava asked with tears in her eyes. "I'm sorry I got caught. We done?" FP said. Jughead turned around to leave. "Look at me, Jughead. Never come back here... You too, Ava. You understand?" FP told them. Ava glared at him, this was how he was going to push her away...? "I understand. Come on, Ava." Jughead said before walking off to the door. "Keep with your story and see where it will catch you..." She whispered before following Jughead. Jughead and Ava stood besides each other while Jughead called Betty. "Betty, I saw my dad with Ava. You were right. He's hiding something." Jughead told her. Ava nodded her head and watched everyone walk around the station. 

Ava then got a call which confused her the most. "Hello?" She asked the unknown number. "Hello, this is Riverdale General hospital calling to tell you your father was seriously injured and just died a few minutes ago..." The man said to her. Ava stepped back and teared up. "Thanks..." She whispered before hanging up. Her father was dead... She didn't have her mother or brother.... and the last guardian she had was imprisoned. She had Jughead but he was dealing with his own problems. Later on they were at school. Ava continued throughout her life like nothing happened. Betty, Jughead, and her were looking at a murder board. "My dad's been lying to me his whole life,but he's never been any good at it. I saw it in his eyes. He didn't do it." Jughead told. "Well, then why lie? Who is he protecting?" Betty asked. "Okay. Who can we rule out?" Ava asked with her arms crossed. "My dad. We know why he was acting so shady. Hermione..." Betty said with every name it was taken down. "Yeah." Jughead said. " Veronica says she's guiltyof plenty, but not murder. Plus, she has an alibi.She was in New York." Betty said. They looked at the board. Three suspects were left and she knew they were all guilty. "I guess that just leavesHiram Lodge..." Jughead said. " And Clifford and Penelope Blossom." Betty said. "And lastly... My father." Ava said sighing deeply. 

Alice Cooper walked in then looked at the three of them. "Well, what do we have here? You three just can't leavewell enough alone, can you?" Alice said before walking to her desk. "Mom, we know what you're gonna say." Betty said looking at her. "The police found another dead body... Well, two actually." Alice said. "Okay, maybe not that." Jughead commented. "Two Southside Serpents. And Sheriff Clueless is convincedthat they was working with your father. He allegedly committed suicideby overdose, and there was a bag of money on-sitethat links him to Hiram Lodge. Then the other was cut a lot and in his bath tub drowning... Everything is tied upinto a nice little bow. Too tidy, if you ask me." Alice said. Ava took a deep breath as she looked at Alice. She knew the other body... It was her father. Betty got a call from Kevin. "Kevin? Uh... okay. We'll meet you there." Betty said to Kevin. 

Ava, Kevin, Jughead, and Betty were walking with flashlights in their hands. "Whatever it is we're looking for, Joaquin didn't know if it'd help your dador make things worse." Kevin said. "Well, I guess we're gonna find out." Ava commented. "And why did he wait so long to tell us?" Betty asked. "FP called him from jail. Told him to forget about their plan, some contingency plan. He said it was too dangerous." Kevin said as they stopped near a sign. Jughead checked it. "Déjà vu." Jughead commented. "Hey. Right here." Ava said kneeling down to get a bag out of sticks. Ava opened it and took Jason's jacket out. Everyone looked at it as they thought of how it could help him. 

All of them plus Archie was around the jacket. "This is meant to help FP?" Archie said looking at Betty and Ava. "I don't know. Looks likemore incriminating evidence to me." Kevin said. "Yeah. This just confirms that my dadtorched Jason's getaway car." Jughead said. "And that his confession was true." Kevin commented. Ava shook her head and looked at the jacket. "Why would FP say Jason's varsity jacketis dangerous? What does that mean?" Betty asked. Veronica walked inside the garage. "I can ask my father. He would know,considering we found concrete proof that he hired the Serpents to kill Jason. Which probably meansthat your dad pulled the trigger, Jughead." Veronica said. "I'm sorry." Veronica told looking at Jughead. "No... No... I'm not giving up yet." Ava said grabbing the jacket. Ava looked at the jacket then towards Archie. "Put this on." She told him. "What?" Archie asked. "Put it on." She said giving the jacket to him. "Ava, this is weird." Archie commented having the jacket on. She put her hands in the pockets then gasped finding a hole. "There's a hole in the pocket." Ava said smiling softly. "Now we're grasping at straws." Kevin said rolling his eyes. She moved to that one pocket. "No. I don't know about you guys,but whenever I have a hole in my pocket, I always lose my ChapStick in the lining." Betty said looking at her. "Or my Montblanc." Veronica said. "Hold on..." She said before pulling out a USB drive. "What the hell?" Kevin asked. " Nancy Drew strikes again." Kevin comments. They all go to sit down while Betty puts the USB in and clicks on the video. 

They all watched in horror and some sadness and anger. There was so much emotions in that room with every single person. Ava got up and started crying, she covered her face. Betty called someone. "Betty? Betty, who are you calling?" Jughead asked. "You have to get out of that house.Listen to me." Betty told the person. 

'That night,Sheriff Keller and Mayor McCoy saw what we watched in Archie's garage. Jason... tied to a chair in the basement of a baron the south side of Riverdale, while two Serpents, Mustang and Killain Creed, taunted him. Then the unthinkable.... Clifford Blossom killed his own son with the taunt of Killain...  Later, we would learnwhy my father confessed. Because Clifford Blossom visited himon the night of his arrest with a threat. That I, Jughead Jones... would suffer the same fateas Jason Blossom if my father didn't confess. My dad was protecting me from a monster.  And the nightmarewas far from over.'

Ava and Jughead was trying to talk Keller to let FP out of jail since he didn't kill Jason Blossom but it wasn't the best... They couldn't. All they could do was wait to see what would be next in their story.