XXVIII.

Jughead was writing on his computer when Ava walked to him

Jughead was writing on his computer when Ava walked to him. "Morning." She said smiling. "You hungry?" She asked, she had plans to have her, Jughead, and Toni go to Pop's for breakfast. "You don't have to ask me that." Jughead told her looking at her in one of his shirts. She nodded and went to go get Toni up and get dressed. She shook Toni awake before getting ready for the day ahead of them. She did have one question.... What was Jughead and her now after that kiss? Only time would tell them....

" Thanks for letting me sleep over. Now on to the next crash paduntil my uncle stops locking me out." Toni said. Ava sighed and looked at her. "My trailer is your trailer." Jughead said. "Last night was..." Ava started before Toni finished for her. "A PG-13 grope session?" Toni said smiling a bit. She knew Ava liked Jughead but Toni didn't know how Jughead felt for her. "Oof... Way to knock a guy down a peg." Jughead said smiling. He looked at Ava, longingly but he knew he couldn't be with her. Ava was looking out the window as she thought about Betty. "Look, cards on the table... you're not over Betty. I know you aren't by the way you look now." Ava said looking at Jughead. "I'll stay by your side everyday and every second but your choice to choose who you date." Ava said smiling softly. "I have a question, why didn't you kiss me when we were in the trailer, Toni?" Jughead asked. Ava laughed softly and glanced at Toni. " I'm not interestedin being anybody's rebound. Besides, I'm more into girls anyways." Toni said. Jughead nodded, "Roger that." Ava smiled at Jughead then looked down. 

All of them were at Southside High when Jughead and Ava got a text from Archie. "I got to go... I'll talk later." Ava said walking outside to Archie. "Let's find Jug." Ava said walking into the school. Archie found him then Ava followed. "Jug! Jug. We gotta go, right now." Archie said. Ava looked confused to why he was wanting the both of them to leave now. "What are you doing here? Betty ask you to throw salt in the wound?" Jughead asked. Ava held his hand softly and smiled a bit to try and keep him calm. "Mayor McCoy's about to raidSouthside High. We gotta get you out." Archie said worried for them. The doors open showing Mayor McCoy, Sheriff Keller, and a few other people. Ava gasped and tried to rush to save her friends but Jughead kept ahold of her hand. Archie grabbed Jughead and dragged him out of the school. "Toni!" Ava and Jughead yelled trying to get to her but they were pushed out by Archie. "Hey, Jug, Ava, you wanna help her?" Archie asked. "Let go..." Ava said looking at him. Archie had both of them in his arms trapped. "You can't do that from behind bars.Come on!" Archie said. "Toni, I will figure a way to help!" Ava yelled before they left the school with the two boys. 

Jughead was pacing while Ava was standing tapping her foot. " Jughead, Ava, calm down." Archie told them. "Calm down? Archie, Riverdale just becamea police state." Jughead said. "McCoy's convinced the Serpentsare dealing jingle-jangle. Serpents don't deal that stuff.The Ghoulies do." Ava said to Archie. "So, tell Mayor McCoy that." Archie said sitting at a booth in Pop's. Ava looked at Jughead then sighed frustrated with everyone. "Oh, Mayor McCoy. Do you mean the McCoy that just arrestedall my friends for no reason? Why do you care anyway, man? I thought you and Betty wanted nothingto do with me... with us, right?" Jughead said. " I'm sorry about what happened,and how it happened. And as for Betty,you should maybe talk to her." Archie said to the both of them. Ava shook her head before Jughead's phone chimed. "I gotta go. Tall Boy wants to parley. Come on, Ava." Jughead said walking out of Pop's with Ava. She didn't like what Betty told her and she didn't care to rekindle that friendship.

Ava and Jughead walked down the stairs to Tallboy. "Sit down, kid." Tallboy told them as he sat down. "Business to discuss." Tallboy said. "Tall Boy, what the hell is this?Where are we?" Ava asked. "You're in my house." Malachai said as Ava turned to look at him. Jughead glared at him. Malachai smirked towards Ava and walked to Tallboy. He chuckled with his arms out. "It's the House of the Dead." He told them. "Well, I'm sorry, who the hell are you?" Jughead said stepping closer to Ava to keep her safe if need be. " Take it easy, Jughead. Malachai speaks for the Ghoulies. The heat on us and our ranks depleted,our tribes need to unite, and that's gonna be easier to doif you endorse this partnership." Tallboy told. "Me?" Jughead and Ava asked in unison. Ava knew both of them had high ranking places in the Serpents... They were Prince and Princess as of right now. "You're FP's son. You're Killain's daughter. That carries weight,especially with our younger members." Tallboy said. Jughead pointed at Malachai, "Tall Boy, they're the reasonSouthside was even raided. Them and their jingle-jangle." Jughead yelled towards him. "Chaos is how we thrive. You'd better get used to it." Malachai said looking at them. Ava glared at him and looked at Tallboy. "Are you seriously gonna do this to my dad?" Jughead asked Tallboy. "You're supposed to be his right hand... After, my father died." Ava said as she stepped forwards. "The Northside declared war today. Your old man ain't here to call the shots. And, yeah, I'm his right hand. That makes me de facto leaderhere and now. So... things are changing, Jones and Creed. Either you change with them... or suffer the consequences." Tallboy said. Malachai chuckled, "Evolve or die, baby. Evolve or die." Malachai said smirking. Ava shook her head before leaving without Jughead. She wasn't going to let the Serpents be part of the Ghoulies.