VII.

Ava went to her family trailer after talking with FP to see it empty

Ava went to her family trailer after talking with FP to see it empty. Ava opened the envelop to see a letter saying: 'My dearest Lia, I'm sorry for not being there for you always but I asked FP to watch over you to make sure you stay out of trouble... I asked him to do so because I moved away. The trailer is yours if you chose to live somewhere other than couch-surfing. You crossed my mind today, I wanted something for you that was better than my life... So, I wish you the best... Bye Lia... With love from your father, Killain Creed.'

Ava stood with others as Betty and Jughead were hosting a search party for Polly. "Okay, the Sisters of Quiet Mercyare due north. The getaway car was weston the old Route 40." Betty told them. "Closest bus station is east,headed toward Sweetwater. If Polly wanted to leavewithout being seen she probably would've left through right.." Jughead said. "Right here. Eversgreen Forest." Betty said. Everyone got into groups and started searching for the missing pregnant woman. Ava went to look for Polly alone, she needed to think of something. Ava looked over to her side and saw the Blossoms trying to find Polly with hounds and more. Ava started to run to Jughead and found him. "Alice Cooper. Where is she?Where's Polly?" Penelope said. "You think if I knew that I would be out herewith the mosquitoes?" Alice said staring into Penelope's eyes. "Face facts, Mommy Dearest,Polly killed Jason." Cheryl said. Ava scoffed. "Why would she kill her lover?" Ava asked. "She escaped from the asylum once.Who's to say she didn't before? Say, the day Jason got murdered?" Clifford said. "The noose is tighteningaround your murdering daughter's neck. I know it, Sheriff Keller knows it." Penelope said. Sheriff Keller tried to stop Penelope but got interrupted. "And I promise you, when we find her,and we will find her the entire town of Riverdale will know too." Penelope said. 

Ava watched the scene unfold as Alice Cooper announced Polly was pregnant with Jason's baby and how she isn't the killer. "I have a feeling the killer of Jason Blossom was close to him." Ava whispered to Jughead and Archie. The next day, the three girls were sitting together in the lounge room. "I don't want Polly to run away. But if she can't live at home,then I don't know. I can rent her an apartment?" Betty said. "Let me talk to my mom." Veronica said. "No. You're dealing with your own stuff." Betty said. "Yeah.. Betty, Polly needs doctors.She needs prenatal vitamins." Ava told them. "She needs her family." Cheryl said coming into the conservation. Betty and Cheryl went to a private area while Ava went to reread her father's letter.

After school, Archie, Ava, and Jughead went to Andrews construction. Archie was bouncing a ball against the wall and catching it boredly. Jughead was waiting patiently, looking at the door. Lastly, Ava was reading a book. Fred enter the trailer with FP, talking. Archie and Ava look over to the door. "Oh. How was your first day back?" Jughead asked. " It was great." FP said. "Your dad is the hardest-working guyon the crew, as always." Fred said, FP threw his helmet to Jughead which he caught. He put it on. "Oh. In that case, why don't we celebrateto mark the occasion?" Jughead said. Ava smiled softly. "Me, Juggy, and Arch here were thinking the five of us could have dinner?" Ava said. Fred looked at FP, "Uh, tonight? I don't know, guys." Fred said. "I'm game if you're game. On me." FP said looking at Fred. Archie bounced the ball off the floor, Fred ended up catching it.

The five of them went to Pop's diner to have a nice dinner. "Ha, ha, anyway, we spent the whole summerfixing up that old VW Bus." FP said. "Yep." Fred said nodding. "You remember what we called it, Fred?" FP asked. Archie was listening to every story with a smile while Jughead ate his own food. Ava was listening but her mind was also on the letter. "The Shaggin' Wagon." The both of them said in unison. Fred laughed before he drank his coffee. "This was before your dad had game. Senior year, he started a band,and then girls were all over him." FP told. "We were awful." Fred commented. "Yeah. Yeah, we were." FP said laughing. Ava smiled seeing FP actually happy. "But it was great.It was the best time of my life." FP said. "You know, your dad waswhat's commonly known as a BMOC, Jughead." Fred said setting his drink down. Ava took a sip of her double chocolate shake. "The hell I was." FP said. "In what way?" Jughead asked. "Football, for one.Single-handedly defeated our archrivals, the Baxter High Ravens." Fred said. "Wait, FP you played football?" Ava asked. "He doesn't care about that stuff. Football, sports. He takes after his mom that way,and I mean that as a compliment. I'd rather you spend your time writing,thinking up stories You still do that? Nose in a book?Typing away?" FP said. "Yeah, Jughead workson the school paper with Betty and Ava." Archie said. "Betty. Ooh." FP said drumming on the table. "Who is Betty? Is that your girlfriend?" FP asked looking at him. "She's.." Ava started before Jughead stopped her. "I wanna know more about the band." Jughead said. "What was the name of the band?" Ava asked. " Come on. Tell them." FP said. 

"Uh.... Yeah. It was called The Fred Heads." Fred told them. They laughed together at the name. "Wait. The what, now?" Archie asked. "Yeah. That's why it doesn't come upvery often." Fred said. Pop walked over and gave Fred the bill. Ava smiled a bit remembering it was supposed to be FP's treat. "Ah, come on, Fred.It was supposed to be my treat." FP told Fred. "Hey, you can get it next time." Fred told him before giving it to Pop with his credit card. Pop started to walk away before FP called him. "Hey, we invited you guys out. Let me pay." Ava said getting her card. "Put your damn money away." FP scolded her. "FP, take it easy." Fred said. FP got his wallet out. "You owe me this." FP told him. "Sure. Go ahead. You get this one. If I had known,I would've got another milk shake." Fred said. Ava smiled and nodded.