XXXI.

Ava and Jughead went to Pop's with Archie to thank him

Ava and Jughead went to Pop's with Archie to thank him. "Thank you for helping me tonight. Thanks for helping us. I know that that violates every strand of your DNA." Jughead said. "We've all done bad things, ever since the Black Hood walked into this diner. It's like he's making us do them." Archie told them. Ava nodded and played with her serpent necklace she had since she joined the Serpents, it was given to her by Toni as a best friend token. "About that guy who stopped for us tonight, Mr. American Gothic, his story about the Riverdale Reaper. Maybe it's just a tale from the darkside, but... what if it's an actual lead? Maybe tomorrow, you, Ava, and I, if you're free, we could go to library-" Jughead said. "Me and Reggie are taking Moose to therapy. Then Ronnie and I are having dinner with her parents. But maybe the day after?" Archie said. Ava and Jughead nodded but Jughead was kinda upset. "Can't you get out of this somehow, Jug, Ava?" Archie asked. "What part, exactly?" Ava asked him. "We can try. Hey, We'll try." Jughead told him then looked at Penny. "Do you want a ride home? It's practically dawn." Archie asked.  "We were going to visit FP. Thanks for asking." She said. Jughead nodded and they went to the prison. Jughead and Ava sat down and played with their fingers. FP walked to the stall and sat down. Ava and Jughead sat there with mouths agape. FP picked up the phone which they followed. "What's up? You look like you've seen a ghost." FP said.

Jughead and Ava visited Penny to tell them that FP was fine. "What game are you playing? You lied to me. My dad's fine." Jughead yelled to her. "I incentivized you." Penny said. "This was gonna be a one-and-done." Jughead said. "It's not like you have a choice." Penny said holding her phone. She showed Ava and Jughead what it had. Ava tried to attack her but Jughead held her back. "It's insurance you'll do what I say. If you cause a stink, or try to back out, or raise your voice to me ever again, that video goes straight to the sheriff's office. Imagine what that would do to your dad's heart. Break it, right?" Penny said. Ava glared at Penny, she was using them and she hated it. "Why? Why us?" Jughead asked, Penny glanced at Jughead. "FP made me a promise that he didn't keep. Ava also kept a promise she didn't keep when she was younger. As far as I'm concerned, his debt is yours. And I am just getting started with you two." Penny said. Ava looked at Jughead and sighed softly. She was stressed by now. 

Jughead was writing his story in the Whyte Wyrm while Toni was waiting tables. Ava was listening to the rock music playing and thinking about the Snake Charmer. Jughead then left to meet with Betty while Ava wished she was dating Jughead. Toni smiled a bit, "Wishing you took the chance first...?" Toni asked her. "Yea... I do." She said looking at Toni. She broke it off with Sweet Pea since she couldn't force him to be her second choice... She couldn't hurt him. Ava decided to go on a motorcycle ride to get her head cleared. Ava got a call from the prison which made her happy and go find Jughead and her friends. "So, the reasonwe called you guys in here-" Betty said smiling. "My dad is getting out of jail." Jughead said. Ava smiled happily, she couldn't wait to see and hug him in person. "Jug, Ava, that's great." Archie said. "Yeah. What heralded this miracle?" Veronica asked smiling to Archie then Jughead. "Uh... Overcrowding at the jail. I guess the judge reviewed FP's case, and after Cheryl's testimony,it was a perfect storm." Ava said on the fly. Betty and Jughead gave Veronica and Archie a case and to be them while the other three get FP out of jail. 

Jughead and Ava was standing in front of all the Serpents to give them the news. "I have an announcement to make.My dad's getting out." Jughead said. Everyone cheered and clapped for the news. "When he does, We'll bring him up to speedabout our plans with Mayor McCoy." Ava said. Tallboy stood up of his seat. "That's brilliant." He said putting his glass down. "You have a problem with that, Tall Boy?" Ava and Jughead asked in unison. "Your old man? No. I got no problem with him. But you want usto sit down with the mayor." Tallboy said walking with him. "We do." Jughead said. "He's right. I think we can bring the Southside back.But it's gonna take work. And it's going to take compromise." Ava said looking at Jughead then Tallboy. "We can bring the Southside back. You've been here all five minutes." Tallboy said chuckling. "Tall Boy, I am sick of you actinglike a little bitch, whispering behind my back that I'm halfa Serpent or that I don't belong here." Jughead said. Ava smirked, "Let's put it to a vote. If you guys thinkwhat Jughead's doing is wrong, He'll step aside along with me." Ava said. Toni stood up, "All those who stand with Jughead and Ava and thinkTall Boy should shut the hell up?" Toni said. Mostly everyone raised their hands in agreement. Ava smirked at Tallboy and then glanced at Jughead. Tallboy walked off, while Toni looked at them.

Ava stood with Betty and Jughead while they had their arms wrapped around each other. Alice stood near the driver's seat. Ava rode her motorcycle since she didn't want to disrupt their moment. Jughead and FP hugged first then separated apart. FP looked at Ava then hugged her tightly. She hugged back and smiled happily. "I missed you..." She mumbled softly so no one heard her other than her. "Me too, kid." He told her. They separated apart from the hug. "Hey, Betty." FP said. "Hi, Mr. Jones." Betty said with her hands behind her back. "Alice?" FP asked seeing her standing there. "Is it true what they say about men who have just been releasedfrom prison, FP?" Alice asked. "What do they say?" FP asked. "They're incredibly sexually frustrated." Alice told them. "Mom..." Betty complained. "Wow." Jughead said. Ava rolled her eyes getting on her motorcycle. She loved it and rode there first so she had to leave for them to move. They all went to Pop's for their celeb dinner for FP. "The Black Hood is targeting sinners,so I'd watch my back if I were you, FP. Especially once you rejointhat gang of hoodlums." Alice said before drinking her coffee. "Serpents aren't hoodlum-" Jughead and Ava started. "I'm not going back to the Serpents. I thought a lot about thiswhile I was in Shankshaw, and I'm done with Serpent life." FP said. All three of them were shocked about the news, Alice wasn't though. FP looked at Jughead then Ava. "It's gonna be one last ridefor Ava, my boy, and I, but it's too muchof a slippery slope for me." FP said. "The Serpents need you, Dad." Jughead said. "They aren't ready for the two royals to come rule the Serpents..." She said. "Jughead needs you, Mr. Jones." Betty said.