XVIII.

Jughead and Ava decided to visit FP, Ava looked like she hasn't slept for awhile since they found out who really killed Jason Blossom and her father helped

Jughead and Ava decided to visit FP, Ava looked like she hasn't slept for awhile since they found out who really killed Jason Blossom and her father helped. Jughead leaned against the wall and saw Sheriff Keller walk in. "So, Blossom was the kingpin. He funneled drugs through Riverdaleand shipped them out. What the mayor and I care about is the local componentof Blossom's business. Someone is selling his drugs here in Riverdale, mostly in the Southside, but, heh... started to cross the tracks recently, too." Sheriff Keller said. "And you think it's the Serpents?" FP asked looking at the Sheriff. "Who else? So, here's the deal. You feed us names,tell me who's pushing the dope, and the mayor, the DA have a chat, maybe he'd be inclinedto offer you a lesser sentence." Sheriff Keller said standing up from leaning against the desk. "The Serpents don't getinto the hard stuff. It's dime-bags of weed.And I'm no snitch." FP said looking at Ava and Jughead then back to Sheriff Keller. "FP, if you don't help us and your case goes to trial,there will be no leniency, You'll be looking at 20 yearsin a federal penitentiary for your part in the cover-upof Jason Blossom's murder." Sheriff Keller told him which made Ava more upset.

"I told her I wouldn't do it.Not unless you're up there with us, Jug... Archie and Ava could even sing together but Mayor McCoy didn't want you or her up." Betty said. Ava nodded and looked at her food. "I appreciate the righteous indignation,Betty, I do. But Jubilees aren't my thing." Jughead told her. "Plus... I wasn't even planning to go." Ava said looking at them. "Jug, how's your dad? Did you get in to see him?" Archie said. "Here's the latest..." Ava said. "Mayor McCoy wants my dad to name namesin exchange for a lesser sentence." Jughead said. "What? Whose names?" Betty asked. "The Serpents. Sheriff Keller thinksthey're dealing the drugs Clifford Blossom brought into town." Ava told. Kevin looked at them, "My dad says more and more drugsare hitting the streets." Kevin told them. "Kevin, relax. This isn't The Wire. My dad says they're not the ones dealing." Jughead told them. "Meanwhile, Mayor McCoy hasn't even saidthe words Clifford or Blossom in public. It's all about how the Serpentsare the problem. The villains. This is outrageous.I'm writing an article about this. And not just for the Blue & Gold,for the Register. This is a town story." Betty told. "As long as the articledoesn't include my dad." Jughead said. "Or mine... I already have enough with my father..." She said. "No, it is gonna be about your dad, Jug. And yours too, Ava. We need to find out why he helped. It doesn't matter how many JubileesMayor McCoy throws. This town has changed. That needs to be acknowledged. Why are people so afraid of the truth?" Betty said. Ava checked her phone and saw a text from Toni to come to her father's trailer. "Umm... I have to go. See you all later." She said rushing out of the school. She rode her motorcycle to school and she left with it. This was a birthday gift the Serpents put together for her. Everyone stared at her like they were scared and disgusted with her. Her father didn't do it all, he only helped Cliff Blossom. 

Ava arrived at her trailer to see it burning. She got off her motorcycle and rushed to Toni. "What happened?" She asked watching her home burn. "A hooded figure came and burned it, Ave. He had this for you." Toni said handing her a box. She looked at the flames then the box. She wiped her tears off her face and put the box under FP's trailer to get it later. She hugged Toni tightly. "Tell Sweets I said hi. I'll text him later too." She said before leaving to Pop's. 

She walked into Fred's home with Jughead and Archie. Archie and Jughead thought it was going to help her to just hang with them, honestly it did. "That hottie kept looking at you." Archie told Jughead. Ava rolled her eyes and laughed. They walked towards the kitchen then stopped. " Hey, guys. Um... This is Miss Weissfrom Social Services. She's, uh- She's Jughead's and Aveline's case worker." Fred said. Ava's face fell from being happy to sad. "Jughead, Aveline, I know how terrible and emotionalthe last few days have been for you... both. Your father's facing serious jail time, your father is right now... dead. Both of your mom's over-extended and out-of-state. We just wanna make sureyou're taken care of." She told them. Ava stepped back and looked at Jughead. "They can keep staying with us, right, Dad?" Archie asked. Jughead looked at Ava and held her hand tightly but softly. "I offered already, Arch." Fred said looking down. "Great, so, what's the problem?" Archie asked. "There was a DUI... after your mom left. Look, we can talk about this later. But between that and my cash-flow problem,it knocks me out." Fred said looking at Archie. "There is a family on the Southsidethat's offered to foster you. Good people.They've worked with us before." Weiss said towards Jughead. "Then there's a family also on the Southside. They are willing to foster you but you two are going to different houses." She said. Jughead looked at Ava and she nodded softly. "Doesn't sound completely horrible." Jughead said. "It does mean you'll bein a different school district, Jughead... Aveline. And you'll have to transfer schools." She told them. "What the hell! When is all this supposed to happen?" Archie asked. "The paperwork's been processed. Unless there is a changein your father's case, you'll both be on the Southsideby the end of the week." She told them. Ava nodded and she looked at Jughead. 

Archie decided to talk with FP about Jughead and Aveline. "They're saying he has to liveon the Southside with a foster family. And then transfer to Southside High. The same is happening to Ava but she's with a different family." Archie said. "That place is no joke." FP said looking down. "If there's a deal, Mr. Jones,you gotta take it." Archie said looking at him. "It tears me up, Red,but Serpents are my tribe. They're also innocent,not that anyone cares." FP said looking at Archie. "We care, believe me. But- Nobody wants you to go to jailfor 20 years, especially not Jughead and Ava." Archie said. FP pointed at Archie. "Those kids knows what's what. They knowsyou can't betray folks that stand by you. Who got your back." FP said before looking down again. "That's the Serpents?" Archie asked surprised. "When the time comes, they'll step up. Hey. Jughead's a tough kid. Ava's a tough kid too. Scrappy. A survivor. They'll make it. Especially if you're looking after them.And they'll try to pull away from you. They'll try to disappear into themselves... They need their friends. That's why you and Betty,you gotta stick with them, no matter what. They got some darkness in them... Especially Ava." FP said looking at Archie as he leaned against bars.