II.

Ava and Jughead sat on the steps of Archie's home

Ava and Jughead sat on the steps of Archie's home. Ava had a bag from Pop's besides her. Archie walked to his house then looked at them shocked. "What's up?" Archie asked. "What's up, Archie is that we saw you... in the music room. With Ms. Grundy." Jughead said. Archie walked closer to them. "Keep it down, my dad is inside." Archie said. Ava stood up with them. "We are trying to help you... We are trying to be your friend here." She said. "Even though we are not anymore. How long with Ms. Grundy?" Jughead asked. "Just this summer." Archie answered. Ava shook her head in disappointment. They continued talking before Archie said something about July 4th... The date that Jason was supposedly killed. "A kid is dead..." Ava said glaring at him. "and you're worried about some- Some cougar." Jughead said. "Don't call her that, okay?She's not like that. She cares about me." Archie said. "Stab in the dark,I'm guessing she cares more about herself." Ava told him crossing her arms. "She's the one who's telling you not to say anything, right? Look, I saw you guys. She's messing with you, man.And she's messing with your mind." Jughead said taking Ava's side. "What the hell do you know about it, Jughead, what about you, Ava?Or about me, even?" Archie asked. Ava looked at him, she remembered all the fun times with Jughead and Archie... now, it's just Jughead. "Nothing. But I used to know this guy once,Archie Andrews. He wasn't perfect... but he always tried to do the right thing,at least." Jughead said to Archie. "Jug. Ava. If you tell anyone about this...." Archie started. "What? What are you going to do?" Ava asked angrily. The door opens to show Fred Andrews. "Hey, Jug... Av. You coming in? We got takeout from Pop's." Fred said. "They were just leaving." Archie said. "Nice seeing you, Mr. Andrews." Ava said before leaving with Jughead. She made sure to grab her bag from Pop's.

They walked to the drive-in, it was their home since they rather not live with their parents... well, their fathers. She sat on the sleeping bag on the ground near Jughead's cot. She opened her bag and started eating the hamburger. Jughead looked at her. "Jug... What if our fathers start doing better... Would you move back in with him?" She asked looking into his eyes. Jughead shrugged. "I don't know yet, Lia..." He said using her nickname he only uses. Time went by and morning finally came. She got up and went to school with Jughead following her. They did this every single day... every hour they had school. 

"If a kid at Riverdale killed Jason,it's not gonna be a jock, right? No, let's be honest. Isn't it always some spooky, scrawny,pathetic Internet troll..." Reggie said as Jughead and Ava was besides the vending machine. Archie was trying to put his money into the vending machine and failing. "...too busy writing manifestos to get laid? Some smug, moody,serial-killer-fanboy freak. Like Jughead... maybe even Aveline helped." Reggie said before turning to look at the two of them. "What was it like, Suicide Squad? When you shot Jason? You didn't do stuff to the body, did you? Like, after?" Reggie said continuing. Ava bit the inside of her cheek, fighting the urge to attack him. Why would they kill Jason? "It's called necrophilia, Reggie.Can you spell it?" Jughead said smirking a small bit. "You little-" Reggie started before going to attack Jughead, Jughead going to attack right after. Archie held Reggie back while Ava held Jughead's arm. "Hey, shut the hell up, Reggie." Archie said pushing him away from them. "Boys." Veronica said standing up. "What do you care, Andrews?" Reggie asked getting in his face. "Nothing. Just leave them alone." Archie said. "Holy crap... Did you and Donnie Darko kill him together? Was it some sort of pervyblood-brother sister thing?" Reggie asked. Ava went up to Reggie and slapped him. "Don't assume that someone killed him... Next, it could be you or maybe another Blossom. The killer is still loose." She said softly to Reggie. "Now, leave Jughead alone." She said glaring at him. She looked at Jughead before leaving the lounge room. 

Tonight there was the pep rally, honestly Ava could care less about it... But, she was forced to come, if she didn't it would make people question. The marching band starts playing and people cheer. Ava watched Archie run across the field to Ms. Grundy to talk. "Hopefully, he comes clean." She mumbled to Jughead. "Shut up." He mumbled watching it happen too. She rolled her eyes. Archie turned to look at them and Jughead looked away from him. Archie walked to them and Jughead looked at him. "Girl trouble?" They both asked. "You?" Jughead asked. "Grundy and me. We're telling Weatherbee. Or, at least, I am. And also,I didn't mean all that crap I said to you... To the both of you. I'm sorry." Archie said. "It's cool." Jughead said and Ava nodded, smiling a bit. "We're not gonna hugin front of this whole town." Jughead said smiling a bit. Ava hugged Archie softly. "I can." She mumbled before pulling away. "So why don't we both just do that bro thingwhere we nod like douches... and mutually suppress our emotions?" Jughead told Archie. "Yeah. But as friends, right?" Archie asked. "To be discussed over many burgers and many days." Jughead said which Ava nodded. Archie smiled and ran off getting ready for the pep rally. The pep rally got started with the River Vixens and the Pussycats performing. She watched slightly interested in the whole thing. After the Bulldogs were welcomed, Cheryl ran off the field. Ava knew the reason just by the red haired boy she was staring at for awhile. Ava stopped watching the game since she wasn't really interested into the football game or drama. 

After the game, she went to Betty and Veronica. "Hey Veronica. Betty." Ava said looking at them. Veronica waved to her. Betty smiled a small bit. "If you're not doing anything... do you wanna go get a milkshakeat Pop's? Ava, you are invited too." She said. "Are you sure?" Ava asked. They both nodded. The three of them went to Pop's and got milkshakes. "Here you go. Two double-chocolate and one old-fashioned vanilla." He said giving them their milkshakes. "Thank you." The girls said in unison. Betty and Veronica made a vow that no matter what a boy will not get in the way of their friendship. Ava looked to see Archie and Jughead enter Pop's. "Do you guys want to join us?" Ava asked before any of them could. "Yes, but only if you're treating." Jug said. They laugh and they come sit with them. " Veronica Lodge." Veronica introduced. "Jughead Jones III." He said climbing in the booth besides Ava and Veronica. Archie sat besides Betty. "Jughead Jones III." Veronica said thinking. Ava rolled her eyes at the name he said. 

"To someone on the outside peering in. it would've lookedlike there were five people in that booth. But we was there. And we can tell you, really,there were only three. A blond girl... .a raven-haired girl.... and the luckiest redheaded boyin the universe. For one shining moment, we were just kids... those bright neon lights of Pop'skeeping the darkness at bay... giving way, as all nights must to a morning of reckoning."

The next day, it was Biology. Principal Weatherbee and Sheriff Keller walked in. Cheryl stood up from her seat. "You are here for me, aren't you? Because of the autopsy?" She asked. "We don't need to do thisin front of your classmates, Cheryl." Weatherbee said. "It's all right, Principal Weatherbee. They'll find out soon enough." Cheryl said putting her hands together. "That won't be necessary." Keller said. "Wait.. Cheryl. Find out what?" Veronica said.  "That I'm guilty." Cheryl said.

"As shocking as those three words were  they were nothing comparedto the secrets that Jason's body had given upduring its autopsy. That Jason didn't die on July 4th,as we believed but over a week later."

{ A/N : I drew the picture on the top, please don't steal it or claim you did it. I worked hard on the art to be placed in this story. Hope you enjoyed this chapter... I'll update soon or later on just depends on how school is keeping me started or the stress I have. }