XIV.

Jughead walked through the snow to FP's trailer with Ava following

Jughead walked through the snow to FP's trailer with Ava following. She was carrying her hot chocolate and her breakfast. They walked inside and looked shocked. The place was clean and orderedly. "Wow..." She whispered. Jughead walked into the living room, smiling. He actually changed in a few weeks for him... But, he didn't know for sure. FP walked out of the back room. "Dad. Have you been body-snatched?" Jughead asked. Ava looked at FP and looked shocked. "Aw, I feel good, Jug. Wanna look good, too." FP said walking over to them. "You know, shave, clean the place up a bit, little paint." FP said. Jughead gave the thing to him. "We got coffee and doughnuts." Ava told. "Awesome." FP commented before walking to the table to sit down. Jughead and Ava followed him as they thought. "I read your, uh... Your essay? Manuscript?" FP told Jughead. "You did?" Jughead asked. Ava sat down in the chair and looked at his papers. "Yeah. I asked you for it." FP said. "I don't know, I figured you were just pretending to be interested." Jughead told him honestly. " This is excellent. Me... I can barely string two sentences together, but you, you got a gift. Thank God you're not wasting it. Mind if I ask you a couple questions?" FP said. Ava started to eat her doughnut and drink her coffee as they talked. "Yeah." Jughead commented. "Why Jason Blossom, huh? Of all the things you could write about, why pick a dead kid?" FP said. Ava smiled and knew the answer already. She found it interesting that a dead guy picked him.

"I don't know. It was sort of like he picked me or even know how to tell, from the outside, looking in." Jughead said. "Who do you think killed him? You and Betty are in this deep. Even Ava is with you guys." FP said. Ava's phone started ringing, she got up and left the trailer. "Dad..." She answered. "Lia, listen to me... Don't trust anyone other than the ones you hold to your heart... I love you little serpent." He said before hanging up. "Dad? What do you mean?" She asked but noticed he hung up on her. She sighed before walking back into the trailer. "Who was that?" Jughead asked. Ava sat down again before setting her phone down besides her. "My father..." She said. FP looked shocked about Killain trying to talk with Ava again. "Anyways, continue your conservation." Ava said. "To me... I don't think the question is "whodunit," you know? I think the real question is whether Riverdale is a place of good or a place of darkness and evil." Jughead said. "Or both. Most things are both." Ava told him. "Most things have to be balance before choosing a side." Ava said. "Can I make one suggestion?" FP asked looking at his son. "That's what Betty says, and then it's about a dozen suggestions." Jughead commented which Ava nodded, agreeing with him. "I think... at a certain point, you should... move on. You can't let this be the only story you're gonna tell. Hell, it shouldn't even be the most important one." FP told her. Ava looked shocked to why he could say that. 

Veronica and Betty talked with Alice about who could have killed Jason. Alice thought it could be Jughead's dad or even Ava's dad... since they were close. Jughead sat between Betty and Ava as they sat with Archie, Veronica, and Kevin. Cheryl walked up to them and stood behind them. "Sorry to interrupt...but I have an announcement to make. One that tangentially involves you, Betty. I'm bringing Polly to the dance as my dateand we're campaigning as co-queens of Homecoming Court." Cheryl told them. "Because why?" Betty asked looking at Cheryl. "Because, Nightmare Smurfette, by all rights, it should've beenPolly and Jason on that stage. This is the next best thing. So... don't forget to vote,and I'll see everyone at my coronation." Cheryl said before walking off. "I feel like my mouth was filled with toxin with her around..." Ava commented. "Betty, about the homecoming dance... Can I play a couple songs? I told my mom that-" Archie said, Ava looked at him. Betty looked at him like poutingly. "Whoa. You don't want me to?" Archie asked. "No, it's not that, Arch. It's just, um... this dance needs to be... fun." Betty said. "And your songs, as amazing as they are... They make you wanna slit your wrists." Ava said. "In a good way." Jughead said. Ava nodded slightly as she started drawing in her journal. "In an amazing way. But no need to fret, Betty,'cause Archie asked me to sing with him and we're thinkingabout doing upbeat covers." Veronica said to Betty. "We are?" Archie asked tilting his head a small bit. Ava smiled a bit as they would be the music on homecoming. "Aren't we?" Veronica said smiling at Archie. "Ava are you going to sing at homecoming?" Betty asked. "No thanks..." Ava said shaking her head. "I think I might actually skip homecoming. You all are going with someone while I think me and Kevin will be lonely." She said. "Actually, I'm going with Joaquin." Kevin said. Ava looked at him. "I'm going alone... Totally fun right. So, I'm not going." Ava said looking at them. 

Betty was setting up lights while Ava was helping with décor. Jughead carried in a box of lights and went to Betty. Ava helped with the balloons till she found Alice. "I want to invite you to dinner with me and Betty. FP and Jughead will be there too so you don't have to worry." Alice said before leaving. "Ummm.... okay?" She said before going to Betty and Jughead. "Your mom tackled me in the hall to invite my dad and I overbefore the dance." Jughead said. "Same... She just told me a few minutes ago." Ava said looking at Betty. "Did you not know?" Ava asked. "No, no, of course. I've, just, you know, got so many, ahem.... Plates are spinning." Betty said. "I'm a little terrifiedby the social experiment of it all, but I think it's good for our familiesto get to know each other. I think it's important for us, you know?" Jughead said. Ava rolled her eyes and went to help with more things so she wasn't so bored of watching the love between Betty and Jughead.