XX.

After going to Pop's with her friends, Ava decided to go spend the night with Sweet Pea and Toni

After going to Pop's with her friends, Ava decided to go spend the night with Sweet Pea and Toni. She ended up spending it with no one but the box that the hooded figure gave her. She kept looking at the box till she opened it. It had money and a letter inside with a few others. The letter said:

'Dear my littlest Raven, I'm so sorry if you find out what I did. I helped kill Jason Blossom but it was because Cliff asked me too... He would pay me enough for your future so I couldn't pass it... But, if I did. You would be next to be killed. I couldn't let the Serpent princess fall so I accepted. I left soon after it happened and killed myself so I didn't have to face your sadness and anger for me... Aveline... Stay safe and help your friends when they need it. Also... Gladys and me made a deal... an arranged marriage... for the Serpent prince and princess. Love, your father, Killain'

Ava was facing the problem with a new trouble in the town of Riverdale... The Black Hood. Fred Andrews was shot by him and Archie wasn't the same since. Ava and Jughead went to Pop's to see someone wrote something on the side. 'Death Diner' Ava was disappointed someone would do that. Jughead and Ava walked inside the diner to see Pop upset behind the counter. "Pop?" Jughead asked. "Did you see? Did you see what they wroteon my Chock'lit Shoppe?" Pop asked looking at them. Ava looked around and sighed. She missed how this could be a happy diner for everyone... Now, it was a zone everyone called a death diner. She needed to think of something to help Pop get into business again. Ava, Jughead, Archie, Veronica, and Betty sat at a picnic table at lunch. "It's another win for the bad guys. No one was there. His entire staff quit. He's not sure how longhe'll be able to keep the doors open. Maybe not even a week." Jughead told them and Ava nodded. "It's because of what happened to my dad.People are freaking out. I gotta be honest.I don't see myself going back soon." Archie said. Ava sighed softly and put her head down on the table. "Wait, I'm sorry. Am I hearing acceptance? I'm not letting one psychopath with a gundictate what happens to our place. Jug, Ava, you went crazytrying to save the drive-in." Betty said. Ava lifted her head up and looked at Betty. 

"I can't take on any more social issuesright now. Our hands are full." Jughead said looking at Ava as she nodded. "With your dad, of course.And he should be your priority. I'll take point on helping Pop Tate." Betty said. "I'll help. Anything to get me awayfrom my parents, I'm in." Veronica said. Ava smirked a bit, "Another B and V team-up? Maybe, I need to start with these team-ups but I need to help FP and Jug." Ava said. "They should make a video gameabout you guys. We gotta jet. I'm off to meet my dad's court-appointedjoke of a lawyer at the sheriff's station." Jughead said getting up and Ava got up too. "Let me come. I gotta drop some flyers offfor Sheriff Keller." Archie said. Ava nodded and walked off. 

"Let's talk about the damn deal." FP said as he put his hands in his face. "First, to review the chargesyou're facing, arson, destruction of evidence,making a false confession, obstructing justice, not to mention this whole nasty messof dumping a dead kid in the river." He said. Ava was pacing in the room as she listened. Jughead was standing up as he paced too. "I know what I did. What's the deal? What are they offering?" FP said looking at him. "You're gonna wanna take it." He said giving him a packet of papers. "I've been doing this a long time.It's a strong deal." He added on. Jughead and Ava went to FP's side to see it. "How many... damn... years?" Jughead asked angrily. Ava watched him and looked at FP. 

Jughead and Ava went to Fred's to talk with Archie. Ava walked in first and backed into the counter. "Hey, it's just us.." She said quietly. Archie was holding a bat about to hit them if need be. "Jughead... Ava. Are you insane?" He said. "You're the one that looks like a Dream Warriorfrom Nightmare on Elm Street 3." Jughead said. Ava sat down on the chair in the kitchen. "What did the lawyer say?" Archie said. "I've been walking around tryingto wrap my head around how bad it is." Jughead said sitting down besides Jughead. "It's bad..." Ava said softly. "My dad is facing 20 years, Archie." Jughead told him. "Crap, Jughead.. Ava. I'm sorry. That sucks." Archie said. Ava nodded and looked outside the window. "The lawyer thinks he should take the deal. If he doesn't and the case goes to trial,he could be facing 40 years." Ava said looking at them. "I'm just really, really scared." Jughead said. Ava held his hand softly and smiled a bit, she tried to comfort him. "Yeah, me, too." Archie said. "About what?" Jughead asked tilting his head a bit. 

"I tried going the legit route.I talked to the mayor. It feels like the system is riggedagainst us." Jughead said angrily. Jughead, Ava, and Tallboy were all together meeting. "It always has been." She said. "What's FP saying? Is he taking this deal?" Tallboy asked. "Not if I can help it. Tallboy... what if we bust him out of jailbefore he gets transferred to state?" Jughead asked. Ava looked at him and sighed. She shook her head, hating that idea. "It's doable. The sheriff's station hasworse security than Riverdale High. Once he's out,it's a straight shot up Sweetwater River until the Canadian border." Jughead said. "I'm sorry, Jug... But we can't do that." Ava said. "You've seen Escape From Alcatraza few too many times, kid. Your dad needs a snake handler. Someone whose livelihooddepends on snakes, who's used to dealing with them.I got someone you should meet." Tallboy said. Ava looked at Tallboy then to Jughead. She didn't like this idea with a Snake Handler.