XV.

Jughead and Ava was at Archie's since they still were going to stay there for a bit longer

Jughead and Ava was at Archie's since they still were going to stay there for a bit longer. Jughead went downstairs followed by Ava. "Hello?" Jughead asked walking to them. "Ava. Jughead. Hey." Archie said. Ava looked at them and looked at Jughead. "Are we interrupting a family meeting?'Cause we can come back." Ava said pointing to the stairs. "No." Archie said. "Absolutely not." Archie's mother said. Then they started talking about the dance. Ava looked at Archie and smiled. "Hopefully, it sounds amazing. Arch." Ava told him. Ava was outside as she looked at her phone. She pushed the call button and put the phone to her ear. "Dad... please pick up." She said. There was no answer to her phone call which made her angry. Her dad left her and she didn't even know what he did or what he could have done. All he told her was to be careful on who you trust. 

Everyone was getting ready for homecoming while Ava tried to think she wanted to go alone but with friends. She decided to go with her friends, she wanted to see Archie and Veronica perform together. She picked her dress which was black and blue with straps on the back. She texted one of her best serpent friends, Toni her dress. 'My homecoming dress, how do you like it? Don't show Sweets' on the end of the text had a winky face. She walked to Jughead and smiled. "How do I look?" She asked giving him a twirl. Jughead watched her and smiled kindly. "I love it." He told her. They went to Betty's with FP. FP looked at her, Ava rolled her eyes. "Wasn't going to go till I just wanted too." Ava told. They were inside, eating with each other. "Super delicious, Mrs. C." Jughead said. Ava nodded to reply with them, well agreeing. "Sure is, Alice. Been a long time since I ate somethingthat didn't come in a combo meal or a snack pack." FP told them. Betty chuckled, Alice was at the head of the table. Jughead and FP sat by each other while Betty and Ava sat besides each other. "So, FP..." Alice started and FP looked at her. "Betty tells meyou're working for Fred Andrews now. How do you balance thatwith all your other responsibilities?" Alice said. "You mean being a father to my son and his best friend?" FP asked. Ava looked at Alice, she knew this would be bad. "And a part of the Southside community." Alice told him. "Mom." Betty said. "You can say Southside Serpent, Alice. I'm not ashamed." FP told, he glanced at Ava and she nodded. "We aren't ashamed." Ava told, Jughead looked at her. "It's not just me. There's a bunch of us workingon Fred's site." FP said. "So, if you don't mind me asking...I'm just curious. How did you make your livingbefore that?" Alice asked FP. "I scraped by. Odd jobs." FP told Alice. "I know that you worked for the drive-in,Jughead, Ava, before it was closed. Did you find work there, too, FP?" Alice said. Ava looked at FP then to her lap. "Dad." Jughead said before looking down at his plate. "Well, I hung out a bit... Me and Killain did. What can I say? I'm a movie buff." FP said. Everyone kinda smiles or chuckles at his statement. " So, tell me... were you upset when Hiram Lodgebought the drive-in land?" Alice asked which caused Betty look at her. 

"Stuff happens." FP said glancing at Ava to make sure she was okay. "Let me rephrase that question.Were you surprised?" Alice asked. Before FP could answer, the doorbell rings. Betty jumps up and answers the door... It was Hal Cooper. FP, Jughead, and Ava stood up to see him. Hal was invited even if Alice didn't want him to be here. He took the other head chair at the table. "I'm hoping maybe you have some vacanciesdown at Sunnyside. See, I've been sleeping at my officedown at the paper and it's getting a little chillyat night." Hal told FP. "Bet your office beats the trailer park." FP told him. "Oh, ha, ha, I wouldn't be so sure. You see, Alice here,she's been redecorating the Register. Yeah, the other day she threw a brick through the window." Hal said pointing at her. Ava raised her eyebrows at the statement, it sounded like what her father would do. "Is that so?" FP said smirking at Alice. "Keep talking, Hal, and the next brick I throwmay not be at a window." Alice told. Ava looked at Jughead then Betty. " You remember our homecoming, Alice? Hal? Back in the day?Castles in the Clouds? Your mom ever tell you about that night?" FP said looking at each one of them. "Just that she and Dadwere king and queen." Betty said. "Yeah, they were. Of hell." FP commented. "FP, please." Ava said as Jughead said, "Dad, please." Ava looked at FP. "No, it's a fun story, I promise. Fred, Killain, and me... we were all set to play at the dance. I was backstage dropping off our gearwhen I heard these voices yelling. It was your mom and dad. They were fighting about..." FP said before pausing. Ava looked at him confused as to why he stopped. "About I don't know what,but it sounded like life-or-death." FP said. "Shut up, FP." Alice said glaring at him. "Happy to oblige if you are. I don't carewhat you think of me, Alice but don't jerk me or Killain around. Not in front of my son or his own daughter." FP told. "This was such a nice idea, but I thinkit's time that we get to the dance." Ava said getting up. "So, is it okay if we skip the peach pie?" Betty asked. 

Ava got out first then Jughead, he helped Betty out. "You be a gentleman tonight, okay?" FP told him. "He always is, Mr. Jones." Betty said to FP. Ava walked up the stairs of the school and waited for them. Jughead opened an umbrella for Betty. "You mind giving us just a minute?" Jughead said. "No, of course. Take your time. Thank you." Betty said before walking off. Ava knew this was about moving back in. They had talked about it later on this day. They walked in together but Ava slipped away to just draw in the corner. She wasn't much for dances and still wasn't... Unlike Jughead actually liking it. Ava walked to Jughead after seeing him alone near a table. Archie also walked up to them and began talking with them. Then Veronica and Archie had to sing in front of everyone which Ava was happy that they got to do this for Homecoming. 

Time passed and Homecoming was over for Jughead Jones and Aveline Creed just by one sentence... FP got arrested for the murder for Jason Blossom. They went to the trailer park together and cried for minutes. "It can't be him.... He wouldn't lie..." Ava mumbled to herself. She got up and ran to the sheriff station. She needed to at least talk with him about this.