V

"Every town has one

"Every town has one. The spooky house that all the kids avoid. Ours was Thornhill,the Blossom family's mansion with its very own graveyard. And trapped within its walls,like some gothic heroine was Cheryl Blossom, still grievingfor her beloved brother, Jason. Linked in death, even as they were in life."

"This is how my dad had his boardbefore it was trashed." Kevin said setting the murder board like how it was. Ava was leaning against the table with her arms crossed. "Any leads on who did that?And what they were looking for?" Jughead asked. "Nope. No fingerprints. But they stole a bunch of files,background checks, and all the video and audiotapesof police interviews." Kevin said turning around. "Whoever it was... Planned it to happen." Ava commented. The door opens and here comes Trev walking in. "Oh, hey, Betty." He said. "Trev, hi." Betty said. "Sorry to interrupt, but.." Trev said before Betty told him it was fine. "We're just working on.." Betty started. "Our murder board." Ava said smirking. "Well, I just wanted to make surewe're still on for tomorrow." Trev said. "Absolutely. It's a date. I mean, I'll- I'll see you there." Betty said seeing the glances Kevin and Ava was giving her. Trev and Betty said their goodbyes. "Going on a date with Trev?Does Mama Cooper know about that?" Ava said teasingly. "Ava, I'm not on house arrest. Okay, she's out of townat a Women in Journalism spa retreat. Anyway, I mean- It's not a "date" date." Betty said. "You just called it a date.You literally said, "It's a date." Jughead said which Ava nodded to. "That's just my cover. Really, it's an intelligence-gathering mission. We should focus on the one thingwe have access to that your dad doesn't the kids at Riverdale High. Maybe Trev knows somethingabout Jason he didn't think was important." Betty told the three of them. "Yea... Keep saying its not a date." Ava joked.

Jughead, Ava, Betty, Veronica, and Kevin walked to the stands to sit down. "Betty, you're positively radiatingNicholas Sparks. Tell me everything about this Trev." Veronica said to Betty. "There's nothing to tell. He's one of Betty's sources.There's nothing romantic in the offing." Kevin said before all of them sat down besides Archie. Jughead and Ava was at the top, Betty sat besides Archie, and lastly Kevin and Veronica sat besides each other. "Why is everything weird here?Why can't a date just be a date? What about you, Archie?How's life in a PG world?" Veronica said, the last comment earned her glances or glares. Ava leaned to Jughead. "How does she know?" She whispered. "Betty and Archie was talking after you left... Veronica caught them talking and found out." He whispered back. Ava nodded. "PG? Post-Grundy? What, too soon?" Veronica said. "Coach Clayton says I have a shotat being varsity captain so I'm not thinkingabout anything else right now." Archie told them. "You're back to being boring." Veronica said eating a french fry. Ava stole a handful of her french fries before eating them. "Are you maybe throwing yourself into footballas a way to avoid your feelings?" Betty said. "I'm not avoiding anything, Betty.I'm trying to get my life back on track." Archie said to Betty then he started talking to Val since she came over. Val left after talking with Archie about music. "Hey, now you have zero excusefor avoiding music." Betty said before Cheryl came over.

"Sorry to interrupt Sad Breakfast Club. I'm here to formally invite youto Jason's memorial at Thornhill this weekend. To my surprise and chagrin,Mother added you to the guest list. In case you're tempted to stealour silver candlesticks, don't. We'll be searching bags." Cheryl said handing out the black invitations. Ava looked at her invitation then looked at Jughead. "Hey, try to remember,she is burying her brother." Betty said to Veronica. Ava opened her invitation and sighed deeply. Cheryl invited Veronica at her home before the memorial and her burying her brother. The school day ended, Jughead and Ava went to their new home for now before finding something else. Ava sat down on her sleeping bag and looked at Jughead. "What if Betty or anyone else finds out about us sleeping here?" She asked. Jughead sat down with her. "They won't find out." Jughead told her. Ava nodded and laid her head on Jughead's lap. "I wish our fathers didn't drink or have bad addictions." Ava said softly as she closed her eyes. 

Everyone had a place to call home or even close to that. Not for Jughead Jones or Aveline Creed, they had a place to sleep. They were both broken and lonely but no one could see through the guard they put up for their friends and the people at school. Aveline was broken, lonely, and a rebel while Jughead was similar. 

"Killain, we can't have a broken family for both Mason and Lia. I'm leaving and taking Mason with me..." A woman told her husband. "I'll send money for Lia's future but we need this divorce." She said. A young girl around the age of 6 watched from around the corner. "Cissy... Don't do this to Lia or to Mason... They need a family, they need to stay together." Killain said. Narcissa grabbed her bags and put them besides the door. "No Killain. You are dragging this family in trouble and I can't watch our children grow in fear or abuse." She said. The girl ran to her room crying, Killain went to her room to see the girl crying. He walked to her and hugged her. "I'm so sorry Lia... I am sorry you had to hear that." Killain said cradling the girl. "Why...? Why does mommy have to go?" She cried out. Killain looked at the doorway to see Mason in Narcissa's arms. She nodded goodbye and walked off to go live somewhere else. 

"No dad! You listen to me! You are drinking out of control and I can't live here anymor eif this keeps happening." Ava told her father who was drinking on the couch. "Please Lia... Don't leave me... Your mother and Mason was first, don't go too." He said with tears in his eyes. "Get your act together then I'll come back to live with you." She said grabbing her bag. Ava was around 8 when this happened. She was smarter than you would think for kids around her age. She walked out of the trailer and walked off to find a home...