XXXII.

"And what, pray tell, will you be doingwith all of your extra time, FP?" Alice asked with her arms crossed

"And what, pray tell, will you be doingwith all of your extra time, FP?" Alice asked with her arms crossed. "Working, Warden Cooper.I saw a "help wanted" sign in the window. Thought I'd talk to Popabout picking up some shifts." FP told. "Let's hope your plans don't come crashingdown once you start drinking again." Alice told him. FP looked at her. "Actually, I'm in AA. Started in jail,and I don't plan on stopping." FP said drinking his drink. Ava hit FP's shoulder and chuckled.

Three motorcycles drove down the road together. It was Ava, FP, and Jughead riding one last time as Serpents. Only two would be left as Serpents while one is going to retire. FP was standing looking out to the scenery. Jughead was sitting on his bike seat while Ava was leaning against hers. "Things got ugly when you were away. I asked myself every daywhat you would do if you were here." Jughead said. "Has Penny bothered you? I figuredshe's the one who greased my wheels." FP said. Ava looked at Jughead then looked at FP. "We did a job for her." Ava told him. "What kind of job?" FP asked worried for them. "It was a one-time thing. I figured it bestnot to ask too many questions since Ava knew not too. We're squared away, for good." Jughead finished for her. "You know, when I was 16, my old mankicked me out and told me to go to hell. Instead, I joined the Serpents.And then the Army, and then back again. I don't want that life for you... For the both of you. I want you to go to college,get out of this godforsaken town." FP said. "I ran the gauntlet..." Jughead told him. "I fought with the Serpents, and for them.I have to stay. I wanna stay. But I need your blessing." Jughead said. FP nodded, "Just promise me you'll keep writing." FP told him. "I will. Every day." Jughead said. "Promise me Ava that you will help Jughead and keep doing what you enjoy, Raven." FP said. "I promise, FP. Jug knows I'm the Serpent Princess..." She said. FP nodded and got ready to ride back to Riverdale.

Betty and Toni was talking with each other when Ava entered the Whyte Wyrm. She walked to them. "So, what, you wanna be a Serpent?" Toni asked. Ava sat besides Betty and shook her head. "Let's say Serpent-adjacent. But yeah, a part of his world, this world." Betty said nodding. Byrdie started laughing. "Shut up, Byrdie." Ava demanded. "Sorry, Sweet Valley High. If you wanna join the club, you gotta dothe dance. The Serpent Dance." She told her. "The Serpent dance?" Betty asked. "It's some outdated,sexist Serpent tradition. We tried to get it outlawed,but misogyny dies hard. You don't wanna know." Ava said. "Plus... I don't think this is good for you to join..." Ava said. "Yeah, I do. This is for Jughead." Betty said. Ava shook her head and looked at Toni. 

Ava and Jughead tried to talk FP into a retirement party fit for a King. "Come on, FP. I'll sing there... That was something you enjoyed me doing." Ava said. FP sat down with them, sighing. He really didn't to but they wouldn't take no. Jughead answered the phone and lied about it being Archie. Ava looked at Jughead then went to him. It was Penny wanting him to pay debts with Ava. Ava stayed home with FP while Jughead talked. Ava got ready for the party, she changed into her outfit that she picked out. 

She walked into the Whyte Wyrm to see everyone enjoying their time

She walked into the Whyte Wyrm to see everyone enjoying their time. She went to Toni and ordered a drink. She saw Jughead walk over to them, she softly smiled. She got a bit distance with all her friends over the past days. She watched Alice and Betty walk inside. "I bet Alice and FP are going to date..." Ava mumbled to Toni. "Totally." She said. Betty walked on stage and motioned for Veronica and Archie to come on. Ava watched the duet with them, she knew they were singing about how they felt. Veronica ran off stage then Archie followed her. Jughead and Ava was leaning against the pole table as they watched. Betty walked onto the stage and started singing the song. In the end, she did the Serpent dance. Jughead glared at everyone look at her. Ava held his hand, "I'm sorry..." She said. Jughead stayed where he was upset she would do that.

FP clapped for her, he gave her his jacket to cover up. She walked off the stage, Ava walked closer to the stage to sing after FP's speech. "Let's show her some of thatSerpent hospitality we're known for. You know what? I've been in and out of theSerpents since I was younger than my son. And it's been a- A wild ride. Good times, bad times. But through it all,the Serpents stuck by my side while most other peopleturned their backs on me. My own family included. Now, the letter of the law saysthat I can't be here in the Serpent den, that I can't associate with my friends,my real family." FP said. People talked and cheered for him. "My blood. But I've been thinking about that. And it'll be a cold day in hell before a snakelets a pig tell him what to do." FP said. "Northside wants me out of this gang? Well, they better bring a coffin,'cause FP Jones isn't retiring. I am not going gently into the night! I'm here to stay! So, bring the fire!" FP finished his speech. The crowd cheered not having to say bye to the King. "Now, for Ava to sing." FP said leaving the stage. Ava walked up and saw Jughead leave the room with Betty. (Play song Paralyzed )

She looked at Jughead as he walked in at the end with no Betty. He talked with FP, she finished her song and got off the stage with the crowd cheering for her. "What happened to retiring?" Jughead asked. "I know about the Snake Charmer. And the delivery you two did,and the debt you both owe her. It was the one thing, son. The one thing I asked you not to do." FP said looking at them. "I can fix this. Let me just talk to her." Ava said. "No. No. I'm in, you're out. Penny's my problem now." FP told them. "You broke my heart, Jughead. You two, Aveline..." FP said. "FP..." She started before he walked off. She teared up, she never wanted to break his heart. She hated being the mistake...