XVI.

Ava and Jughead was at the bus station, he was in the phone booth while Ava was talking or trying to talk with her father for the millionth time

Ava and Jughead was at the bus station, he was in the phone booth while Ava was talking or trying to talk with her father for the millionth time. He wouldn't answer her which made her worry for him more. There bus didn't leave till six in the morning so they had to do something. "Jug...? Are you okay?" She asked. "No." He said looking at her. Ava hugged him softly but tightly. "Let's go to Pop's... Okay? I'll pay." Ava told Jughead as they went to Pop's with their bags.  They were sitting across each other, Jughead was looking out the window sad. Ava was drawing in her book, she really didn't know what to think. She looked out the window trying not to cry. "Told you." Veronica said as the three came walking in. "Jug. Ava." Archie said which they looked over to see the three coming to them. Veronica was on the booth seat behind Jug. Archie went besides Ava then Betty went besides Jug. "Jug. We're so sorry. About everything." Betty told Jughead. He glanced towards Ava as she closed her eyes. "Juggy, we screwed up. We all did. Breaking into your dad's was wrong,but some good came out of it." Archie told them. "Pretty sure my dad was just arrestedfor murder." Jughead said. "That gun wasn't therewhen we searched his trailer. Someone put it there after we left." Veronica said. Ava looked at them and tilt her head. "What are you talking about?" Ava and Jughead told them in unison. 

Ava ran to get to the Sheriff Station before they even could start following her. She knew the Serpent law and there was no way she would break it... even he wouldn't. "Excuse me, sir.We need to see Sheriff Keller." Ava told. "There's been a huge mistake." Betty told. Sheriff Keller walked out and Veronica went to him. "Sheriff, we need to talk to youabout FP Jones." Veronica said. "What about him?" He asked. "He's innocent." Archie told. "He's being framed." Veronica said. "Well, then why did he just confess?" He asked. Ava looked over to see FP being walked off by two officers. Jughead gasped softly then watched him being walked away. Ava started to tear up and shook her head. Sheriff Keller walked away to follow them. Ava's world was crashing and she didn't know how to save it. 

Ava went to the station the next day alone instead of going to school. She walked into the room. "I know you didn't do it... Remember Serpent law, no serpent stands alone and if a serpent is imprisoned or killed their family is taken care of... I knew the second my dad left there was a reason. You are covering for my father because he helped the murder." She said looking at him. FP watched her and sighed. "You are smarter than you look... Av, don't help me. I'll be fine. Go to school and help Jug through this." FP told which she nodded too. She needed to help Jughead the most, even if it hurt her. She walked to school with Jughead and looked at him. "Ready?" She asked, he nodded. He looked forwards as everyone looked at them, they were so close they even though they were siblings. They walked to Cheryl which made Ava surprised. "I'm sorry, Cheryl." Jughead told her. Ava looked at him then Cheryl. She stood up and slapped Jughead across the face. She then started to beat him while she sobbed. Ava pulled Cheryl away which caused her to slap her too. Archie held Cheryl away from both of them. "Enough!" Weatherbee yelled. "Mr. Jones, Ms. Creed, you need to come with me. Right now." He told them. Ava looked at him and nodded. "He was apologizing. He didn't do anything wrong." Archie explained. "Right now." Weatherbee told which caused both of them to follow him. 

After the interrogation, Ava and Jug were done with trying to go to school. Everyone hated them but hated Jughead more. Ava wrote in her journal as Jughead left the room to go downstairs. Ava walked softly down the stairs to see Jughead sitting there. She decided to listen in to the conversation. "Archie, my priority is keeping you safe." Fred told. "Keep me safe from who? Jughead? Ava even?" Archie said before a pause. "Are you kidding me, Dad?" Archie told. "No. From whatever troubleseems to follow the Joneses and the Creed's around wherever they go, whatever they do. Hell, maybe you should go to Chicagoand live with your mom." Fred said to Archie. Jughead got up and walked to the door. "I'll go sleep in the garage tonight." Jughead said. Ava followed him outside, everything that they touched was turning to darkness. 

Ava, Jughead, Archie, and Mary went to Pop's to talk about FP's case and hopes were to let him out or at least help. Ava knew who killed or helped with the murder but a part of her was not believing it. " Archie asked me to lookinto your father's case. I went down to the stationand passed myself off as his attorney to try to get as much informationas I could." Mary said. "How's it looking, Mom?" Archie asked. "Well, unfortunately, between FP's list of priors,the anonymous tip and the possession of the murder weapon.." Mary said. "Don't forget that pesky confession." Jughead commented. "... Things look pretty bad. I was with him all night,and he never once budged from his story." Mary said. Ava looked at them. "Well, if nothing else, at least he's an honest murderer, right?" Ava commented. "Ava." Archie said looking at her. She shrugged innocently, she had to pretend she didn't know who it was or who helped till she knew. "Oh, also... who is... Joaquin DeSantos?" Mary asked. "Joaquin? As in Kevin's boyfriend?" Archie asked. Ava shook her head and got up. "He was FP's one phone call. Jughead... Aveline... my advice to youis go and see your father and guardian. Tell him everything you wanna say. Once he's arraigned,things tend to move pretty quickly and there won't be anything to do. So, this might be your last chance." Mary told them