Joe Imagine: I'll Wait

You stood behind the counter at the corner store where you worked. There weren't a lot of people around due to the fact that it was a lazy day. You picked up a magazine and started flipping through when the bell over the door rang, alerting you a customer had arrived.

"Hello, how may I help you?" You replied putting down your magazine. You saw a man with a black ski mask on pointing a gun at you.

"Gimme all the money in the cash register." He said in a low voice.

"I-I'm not permitted to use the cash register s-sir. Right now all the m-money is kept in this jar. The manager is the only one who has the k-key to the r-register." You stuttered staring at the gun that was pointed right under your ribcage.

"You lying bitch!" He growled. He pulled you by your hair and brought you around the counter. He put the gun to your head.

"No! S-she really doesn't have the keys. B-but I do." Your coworker, Joe, said saving your ass.

"Well open it pretty boy, I ain't got all day!" The man barked. Joe ran behind the counter and unlocked the register. He handed the man the money, while the man still had a tight grip on your hair.

"T-this is all the money sir." Joe said. The man glared at him and looked over at you.

"For all the trouble you two caused me, I think I deserve a little more than this money." The man smirked.

"A-and what's that?" Joe stuttered. The man smiled at you and shook his gun.

"The sweet feeling of murder." He grinned. Suddenly you felt a burning sensation in your stomach. He'd shot you. You fell to the floor as the man ran off and Joe ran to your side.

"(Y/N), oh my god! Don't worry, the cops will be here soon, just keep your eyes on me." He said worriedly. Every breath you took hurt severely, but you stared into Joe's blue eyes. He grabbed s cloth off the counter and applied it to your wound.

"Joe." You panted.

"Yeah (Y/N)?" He asked.

"I liked you a lot and really wanted to tell you, but I don't think we'll have the time now." By now there were tears running down your eyes.

"I do too (Y/N) and we will have a chance. I think I hear sirens. How does the first day after your released from the hospital sound?" Joe asked with tears in his eyes. You chuckled a bit and smiled.

"Not a day later." You grinned. Suddenly you were lifted on to a gurney.

"I'll wait for you (Y/N)!" You heard Joe scream before you blacked out.