Patrick Imagine: Run For Love

And does your husband know the way
That the sunshine gleams from your wedding band?
Does he know the way, does he know the way
Of the crickets that would convince me to call it a night?

Once again, you found yourself staring at ceilings you knew better than your own, a bed you laid in more often than your own, a man you saw more often then your own.

"Morning beautiful." Patrick smiled kissing you. As he touched you, memories of the night before flashed through your head. The only time he stopped was when the crickets came out. He just loved to sit in the afterglow and appreciate the more simple things in life. He truly was a much better lover than the one you came to love. No, not love, married. It was all just a wasted marriage. He doesn't worship your love like Patrick does. And he'd never know. Well, at least not until you got the courage to leave him.

"What time is it?" You asked stretching.

"Just after 9, my love." Patrick answered. Your husband would be home soon. Sighing, you sat up in bed.

"Patrick, I gotta go." You said. He nodded solemnly at you.

"I understand." He replied. You quickly got dressed and kissed Patrick goodbye.

"Until tonight. Bye love." He said hugging you.

"Bye Patrick. I love you." You smiled. Love. Not a word you ever used around him. No, it was just hi and bye. Of course he was suspecting something. Sometimes you would forget to put your ring back on after being with Patrick. He would get mad and accuse you of cheating. If only he knew just how right he was. On the drive home, you quickly slipped on your ring and watched as the sun gleamed off the clean, barely worn ring. Just a symbol of lies. Patrick got you a ring. Not an engagement ring, but more like a promise. You wore the silver and gold band more then your wedding band. When you finally got home, he was already there. You walked inside the house and was met with a hard blow to the face. You staggered a bit as you looked into the enraged face of your husband.

"Where the hell were you?" He yelled.

"I was out. None of your business." You replied trying to walk past him. He grabbed your arm and pulled you to him.

"Show me your ring." He snarled.

"What?" You asked.

"Show me!" You quickly pulled up your ring hand. Your husband looked at the ring and then at you.

"It's clean. We've been together for a year! It should not be that clean!"" He yelled at you. He tried to hit you again but you kicked him in his tender spots. Grabbing your purse, you ran back to your car.

"Get back here!" Your husband yelled. You stopped and threw the ring at him.

"This has been the worst year of my life. I want a divorce." You said emotionlessly. You got in the car and drive back to Patrick's house. He opened the door right away when he saw it was you.

"Baby, what are doing back so soon? He's gonna get suspicious." Patrick said putting a hand on your shoulder.

"I ended it. I gave back the ring and everything. I love you Patrick." You smiled. Patrick smiled back and pulled you into a kiss.

"Let's just run. Run and protect our love." He whispered in your ear. You nodded your head eagerly.

"We can start a new life. Just the two of us." Patrick smiled. Finally you had a man who was gonna be there for you.