Pete Imagine: The Shirt Pt.2

Pete waited in his car, patiently, for you to say goodbye to your friends. When you finally did, he smiled as he began the drive home.

"How was your 'hang out sesh'?" Pete asked jokingly.

"It was great. How was band practice?" You asked in response.

"Good. So, my mom called and said that we're having dinner at your place. She said it was great that I was driving you home so I could just stay there."

"A dinner? We haven't had one of those since our parents started dating."

"Oh well." Pete pulled into your driveway and parked the car.

"M'lady." He said opening your side of the door.

"My, you are just too kind." You joked. Pete laughed and walked in front of you opening the door.

"Dad, I'm home." You called out.

"In the kitchen." Your dad replied back. Both you and Pete walked to the kitchen where his mom and your dad were standing next to each other.

"Hey guys!" Pete's mom cheered.

"Hi mom." Pete smiled.

"Hey Ms. Wentz." You said politely.

"Well, let's all sit for dinner! Dale made pasta." Your dad said enthusiastically. You all sat at the table and began to eat. You and Pete were right across from Dale and your dad.

"So, what's with the big dinner?" You asked after everyone started eating. This whole thing seemed suspicious to you.

"Well, your father and I have some exciting news." Dale grinned.

"What is it mom?" Pete asked.

"Dale and I are getting married!" Your dad exclaimed. Your mouth immediately got dry and you looked at Pete.

"What?" He asked.

"You two are gonna be brother and sister!" Dale cheered.

"No." You muttered.

"No?" Your dad asked.

"No! This isn't fair! Pete and I love each other! We won't let you tear us apart!" Pete looked over at your dad who was getting mad.

"(Y/N), you will not speak to me like that! I am your father!" Your dad yelled.

"I don't care. I love Pete and we're not splitting up." You huffed. Dale looked at Pete.

"Pete, you know the right thing to do is to break it off right?" She asked him.

"Mom, I love (Y/N) more than anything. I can't bear to break up with her." Pete pleaded.

"That's it, everyone outside!" Your dad yelled. He was so loud, everyone ran out in a hurry.

"Now, you will look Pete in the eye, break it off with him, and then you're grounded." Your dad instructed.

"No dad!" You yelled. He had enough. Your dad grabbed you by your arm and slapped you.

"Do not speak to me like that!" He yelled. You fell to the floor holding your face.

"Don't touch her!" Pete yelled punching your dad in the jaw. Big mistake. Your dad grabbed Pete by his collar and threw him into the street. He fell and when he got up, it all happened in slow motion. The horn honked, Pete looked, you and Dale yelled and then he hit the windshield and rolled off the top of the car.

"Pete!" You yelled running to him. He had a cut on his forehead and his mouth was full of blood.

"Dammit Pete, wake up." You sobbed holding his head in your lap. The woman who hit him came out, calling 911. Dale also came over to tend to her son. Your dad just stood there. By the time he got to the hospital, it was too late. Pete was pronounced dead and you lost it. Dale left your dad who went to jail for pushing Pete into the road. You were put into foster car since you were 16 and the only thing you had left of Pete was his shirt. The shirt you wear every night because you can always feel him there. He's always with you.