Pref #22: Best Friends

Patrick:

You sighed and looked over at your crush. He was just talking to the popular girl, (A Popular Girl You Know) again. You heard they were only good friends, but you knew he liked her. Another problem, you were forced to interact with (A Popular Girl You Know) because you had mutual a friend. You couldn't even be bothered today. It was just another day of frowns and saddened looks. That feeling in your chest when you know you're so close but so far. For gods sake, you didn't even want to date the guy! Sure you had some things in common, but the relationship would be awkward. You groaned and dropped your head to the lunch table. Your best friend, Patrick, came next to you and sat down.

"You okay?" He asked.

"No." You sighed.

"Are you sad?"

"A little."

"More angry?"

"Yes."

"Do you need to take a walk?"

"Yes." Patrick sighed and stood up.

"Come on, we're going for a walk." He commanded. You stood up and grabbed all of your things. You and Patrick walked on to the football field and you just ranted.

"Patrick, you don't understand! I don't want him, but at the same time, I don't want anyone to have him! I-I tried texting him but he only gave me short responses. He's not interested!" You explained. Patrick stopped you and looked at the tears in your eyes.

"Why are you crying?" He asked concerned.

"Because I don't know what to do." You replied, voice breaking. Patrick pulled you into a big hug as you cried into him.

"(Y/N), I don't even want you to worry about him. Just know, I'm always here and I don't plan on leaving. You're stuck with me; crush or no crush." Patrick said. You giggled a bit and hugged him back.

"Thank you Trick. I'm really glad you're my best friend." You sniffled.

"And I'm glad to be your best friend. Come on, time to go to class." Patrick smiled walking with you to Spanish.

Joe:

"I don't understand this shit!" You exclaimed throwing your pencil. You absolutely HATED math. Who the hell has five apples and then shares three and half apples?! Eat the whole apple dammit! Also, why do you want to know the circumference of the apple? It may look like a circle now but it won't after you chewed it up and it slides into your stomach. That's work. It's an apple! Eat it! The only questions you hated more than those were the ones about trains and distance and location. Don't even get me started on those. Joe looked up from his guitar and smirked at you.

"Having trouble there?" He asked.

"Ah, screw off!" You growled. Joe slid off the bed and came next to you.

"Give me the pencil (Y/N)." He demanded.

"No, cause if you do this for me, you'll want something in return!" You said remembering the last favor Joe wanted.

"Damn, you know me so well. I do want something. I want a human teddy bear for a month."

"Joseph!"

"Oh come on! This is your last text you have to take and then boom! Summer vacation. You won't need to go home and you can just chill with me!"

"And you promise I'll get a hundred?"

"Anything else and the deal is off. So, deal?"

"Deal." You handed Joe the pencil and he did the problems, explaining them to you one by one. The next day, you took the test and got a hundred! The only downside was that you were a prisoner to a grown man looking for a teddy bear, for a month.

Pete:

"Stupid emo bitch!" Some kid yelled throwing you into the lockers.

"Shit." You hissed with your head hitting the lockers. Your black and purple hair fell in front of your eyes and you almost blacked out.

"Hey! Leave her alone!" Your best friend, Pete, yelled. He walked over to you while the kid ran off.

"(Y/N), you okay?" Pete asked wrapping an arm around you.

"Y-yeah. I'm sort of used to it." You sighed fixing your hair.

"You shouldn't have to get used to it! This shouldn't be happening (Y/N), especially not to you."

"I'll deal Pete, it's really not a big deal. My head just hurts a bit." Pete kissed the top of your head and pulled you closer to him.

"If anyone ever bothers you again, tell me and I'll take care of them for you." Pete said. You smiled and kissed his cheek.

"Thanks Pete." You grinned.

Andy:

You stood outside your house waiting for your best friend, Andy, to come and pick you up for school. He ran late sometimes but you were patient when it came to begging for rides. Andy eventually pulled up in his truck and picked you up.

"Sorry I took so long. I couldn't find my keys." Andy apologized.

"No it's fine. I asked you for a ride so I can't tell you what time to be here." You reassured. Andy smiled and started the drive to school.

"Ready for our big history test?" He asked.

"Nope. Help me study at lunch?" You asked.

"Aren't you gonna eat at lunch?"

"Nope, I don't have any lunch today. I was supposed to make some but I forgot when I was looking for my iPod." Andy cracked a small smile.

"Why are you smiling, I'm gonna starve you ass." You giggled, watching his face.

"Look in my backpack." He chuckled. You dig around in his bag when you saw a Nutella sandwich wrapped up and a bottle of Arizona.

"This is why we're best friends." You smiled at him.

"I had a hunch you'd forget after talking to me all night. That's another reason why I was late." Andy explained. You smiled again and kissed his cheek.

"Thanks bestie!" You giggled. Andy just chuckled and parked in the parking lot.