Joe Imagine: Graduation

A/N: This imagine idea was given to me by Whatsername- Enjoy!! Also, don't forget to request. I'm pretty chill with those.

You stood next to your boyfriend, Joe, holding his hand nervously.

"What does it say?" You asked.

"(Y/N), you got in!" Joe cheered.

"Oh my gosh!" You smiled taking the paper from him. You'd just got into your dream college!

"Okay (Y/N), open mine." Joe grinned. You opened the envelope and frowned.

"Joey, you didn't get in." You said softly. Joe grabbed the paper from your hands and read through it. He turned to you looking crushed.

"But college...we were supposed to go together!" He exclaimed. You swallowed back the lump in your throat and took Joe's hand.

"We'll cross that road when we get there." You said.

*Graduation Day*

You stood with your class as the graduation ceremony went on. Joe was going to a collage somewhere around here while you were going all the way to Massachusetts.

"Ladies and gentlemen, the graduating class of 2001!" Your principal announced. You and your class cheered, throwing your caps in the air. While everyone was celebrating, you and Joe walked to the gymnasium, the place where you first met. You looked at Joe and he just looked back. He sighed and began to talk.

"(Y/N), I've been thinking and-"

"And you wanna break up. I was thinking the same thing."

"You know this has nothing to do with you right?"

"I know Joseph. It's because of distance. Your gonna be here in Chicago and I'll be in Massachusetts. No one likes long distance relationships. Those things kill you." (A/N: Who got that reference? Please tell me someone knows it.)

"You're right. It just sucks because I'm still in love with you (/)! I love you so much and it's scary." A tear fell from Joe's eye and you wiped it away.

"Then maybe someday we can try again? Hopefully we don't lose contact." You muttered.

"Deal." You hugged Joe and started to cry into his shoulder. You never did hear from Joe a while after. He called and visited the first year and then he took off with his band. Up to this day, it still pains you to remember what was.