Joe Imagine: Graduation Pt. 2

You stood next to (Y/F/N) as she held your hands tightly.

"Are you ready (Y/N)? You are gonna walk in there and whatever you do is gonna impact the rest of your life. You're gonna be happy once and for all or miserable for the rest of your life. No pressure. Just say when you're ready." She smiled.

"Wow, you sure know how to pep talk a girl. Go home (Y/F/N)." You sighed. (Y/F/N) smiled and ran to her car. You knocked on the door and your boyfriend, Patrick, opened the door.

"Hey baby." He smiled kissing you. At the age of 25, you met Patrick 7 years ago when your mom moved next door to his mom. You two instantly hit it off and you've been together for 4 years.

"Hey Tricky. Are your friends here?" You asked.

"Yeah, inside. Don't be nervous, they're gonna love you." Patrick assured you, kissing your hand.

"Alright. I'm ready." You smiled.

"Awesome." You and Patrick walked into his house to see three guys sitting in the living room.

"Guys, this is my lovely girlfriend (Y/N). (Y/N), this is Andy Hurley, Pete Wentz, and Joe Trohman." Patrick said. Your heart leaped to your throat when you heard his name.

"(Y/N)." Joe whispered. You stared at him and felt all your emotions catch up to you. You sprinted up the stairs, ignoring everyone's calls and locked yourself in a bathroom. You slid down the door, crying in loud sobs.

"(Y/N), baby open the door." Patrick called.

"Please leave me alone right now!" You yelled as your breathing increased.

"(Y/N), come out. Remember the last time this happened?" Joe cut in.

"Y-yeah. The week b-before finals. I-I just couldn't do it." You sobbed.

"But you did! (Y/N), come outside. We just wanna help you." You wiped your eyes and stood up. All the guys were staring at you with worried looks.

"(Y/N), what's going on." Patrick pleaded grabbing your hands.

"Joe and I, we used to date from 8th grade to senior year of high school." You sighed.

"What happened?" Pete asked.

"We graduated and went to different colleges." Joe explained.

"You were supposed to call, but you never did! I waited all throughout college. When I met Patrick, I found someone who would actually care." You said angrily.

"(Y/N), I lost your number! The phone works both ways too you know!"

"I called you Joe. I called you everyday for two years and left you voicemails. I left you 730 voicemails."

"Using which number?"

"The number you always had."

"(Y/N), that's number hasn't worked since senior year. My dad drove over it by accident when I left it outside. I got a new number and everything. Did you really think I forgot about you?"

"Of course! I never heard anything about you. I loved you Joe!"

"Loved?"

"Yes, past tense because I love Patrick now!" The whole room got quiet.

"(Y/N)..." Joe started.

"No, I gotta go home now. Bye everyone." You said before leaving Patrick's house.