Chapter 42

"Answer me!" Alois yelled stomping his foot. I looked at him then at Claude who did not look pleased. "Your fucked" I said with a smirk. Alois's grip tightened around the knife. "Master, lets speak outside" Claude said pushing his glasses up before walking out of the room. I watched them exit before letting out a shaky breath. I tried to hear something but I only made out a few words. Must, before, her. I went through the words trying to make sense of them but couldn't.

The door opened again and in skipped Alois. I let out a quiet groan, this kid was annoying. "Your gonna be mine" Alois said stopping behind me. "What's the plan then, since I would never willingly agree" I said. I shifted my gaze towards Claude who had a satisfied smirk. "Let me tell her Claude" Alois said excitedly now twirling around. "Master I don't think-" he began but it was to late. "We found a way to brainwash you" Alois said "isn't that wonderful" he added. I looked at them stupidly  "excuse me?" I said taken back. Alois just grinned licking his lips and slipping off out of the room.

"How does he not annoy you" I asked turning my attention back on Claude. He took a deep breath "no idea" he said. "What's this thing about brainwashing?" I asked slightly worried. He sighed before speaking "those reapers and I came to an agreement to take you out of the picture so we could continue our normal lives. While you have been...here....we all worked on a machine to make you listen" he said. I stared at him, I had lost my voice. "Nothing to say?" He mocked "pity" he stated before walking off.

I felt myself began to panic, I didn't fully believe them but it still frightened me. I closed my eyes and tried to imagine the cottage but nothing appeared. It was just darkness, I opened my eyes and sat there trying to collect my thoughts. I couldn't tell my family anything, I was blocked out from that power at the moment. I closed my eyes feeling like my energy had been drained. I felt myself fade away from everything around me and disappear.

~~~

I jumped awake to the door opening, my vision was fuzzy but I could tell it was Claude. My vision restored after a moment and I noticed he was carrying a tray. "What's this?" I asked my voice was raspy. "This" he began as he used a syringe to pull in some liquid "Is the first step to the process" he said flicking it slightly. He walked towards me and I began to worry. He brought it to my neck but I moved my head to the other side as much as possible. He used his other hand to push my head to the side and keep me still. I felt the syringe go into my neck and the liquid begin to flow through my body. The syringe was removed, he released my head and I watched him carefully.

I felt my body begin to burn before I felt excruciating pain everywhere. I let out a scream as the pain continued. I didn't know how long the pain lasted for but my vision hazed over before I felt myself having a out of body moment. "Interesting" he said looking at me. The pain had stopped and I knew why, I saw a strand of my hair. It was white. I didn't know weather to be thankful or scared, the pain had stopped once I transformed. "What was in that" I asked barley above a whisper "don't worry you will have time to figure it out" he said before leaving with the syringe and tray.

I tried to shake off what just happened and tried to focus on transforming back to my normal form. Just like trying to contact the others I couldn't, everything was black. I was locked in this form until who knows how long. I gave myself a 10 second moment to freak out before composing myself. "I just need to have faith in Adrian and the others" I whispered before hanging my head and staring at the floor.

~~~~

I watched the door close. I just had my session of basically torture but they called in conversion "therapy." Every other day he would give my the liquid from the syringe, when he did it the second time I hadn't felt anything but after the third and forth time it got worse. I couldn't remember most days after the torture but I held on hope for Adrian.

I stared at the ground as my sweat fell onto the ground. I closed my eyes and began to imagine the manor, me with the servants, Ceil being a brat and all the other good memories. I imagined the first time I had met Adrian making me smile. I imagined the cottage and that it was a mess when I had first arrived. I watched it alter into the room I was stuck in.

I opened my eyes feeing myself slipping again. "Your going to survive this" I told myself shaking my head. "Just stay awake" I whispered. I tried to listen but my eyelids fell and I drifted off to sleep.

"It worked!" someone yelled, I heard feet get softer until they stopped. The scene came into view and I looked around. I was in Trancy manor. I walked around and to the kitchen seeing triplet servants.

"Welcome to the contract (y/n)" one said.

(I have completed another chapter! I'm sorry there wasn't too much with Adrian in it, anyways I hoped you enjoyed! I'm also making a Halloween special so keep tuned <3)